Left over part

Discussion in 'KSG Bullpup Shotgun' started by Hunt4Fun, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Hunt4Fun

Hunt4Fun Member

Mar 10, 2018
    I took my newly acquired KSG apart this week and gave it a good cleaning. When putting the barrel and feeding tubes back together, the part below fell out. I thought, no problem I'll look at the parts diagram and figure this out. It does not appear on the parts diagram in my book. Can anyone tell me what it is and where it goes?

2. dfariswheel

dfariswheel Active Member

Jul 17, 2017

3. Hunt4Fun

Hunt4Fun Member

Mar 10, 2018
    The perfect reply. Much appreciated.
    850sub likes this.
  4. SixPackABS

SixPackABS Active Member

Jan 22, 2018
    How do you put it back?
  5. dfariswheel

dfariswheel Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    You have to remove the long cartridge actuator bar from between the shell stops.
    Slide the spring under the inner cartridge catch and position the lugs on the spring under the shell stops.
    Then replace the actuator bar.

The spring lugs will tend to slip out from under the shell stops until the bar is replaced.

To do this, push the cross pin #323 out with a punch or nail to hold the shell stop #331 in place. Push the pin far enough that you can remove the long bar #334, but the punch or nail retains the shell stop.
    Push the spring #338 in place, then replace the bar, then push the cross pin back in place.

This is from memory so I "think" it's right.
    Lance Botdorf likes this.
  6. GearBolt

GearBolt Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    :wall: At least you didnt go out and make a youtube video blaming the KSG. Like some folks have.
    Some Disassembly is not required.

But. Its like rebuilding a engine. If you dont have a handful of parts left over then you did it wrong. :sarcasm:
    850sub likes this.
  7. circlehawk

circlehawk Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Hey...I love that line. That's what my dad said a hundred or so years ago when he showed me how to wrench on a car. He was kidding as well. ;)