Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post but have lurked on this site for a coupla weeks now, picking up some helpful info along the way. Finally picked up my new p3at tonite, had quite a time trying to locate one. Anyway I picked up a box of winchester .380 FMJ (in the white box) before leaving the store. I think I read on here that for the first 100-200 rds that ball ammo should be used? Anybody have any experience with this brand? I will be using corbon eventually for SD.
Thanks

G

·
bombtech said:
I always use Remington JHP from Wal-Mart (in the 100 round pack) and I have had good luck with it.  Welcome!
that is good ammo, IMO. I shoot it allthe time, it is my ammo of preference when I can buy it right...

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Welcome to KTOG, R_Squared! I am partial to the Rem. UMC FMJ, but the Winchester works as well.

I hope your P3AT is a good one. There are weird things happening to some of these guns lately.

Packer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes>
The winchester white box was all the shop had for sale. I read on another forum (bersatalk) that there has been some problems with the WWB (feeding, ejection). Maybe i will stop at wally world tomorrow and pick up some Rem JHP until my piece is broken in.>
I hope to strip/clean/lube & possible F&B this weekend and shoot a coupla mags to see how it shoots.>
Thanks for the advice.

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
R_Squared said:
Thanks for the welcomes>
The winchester white box was all the shop had for sale.  I read on another forum (bersatalk) that there has been some problems with the WWB (feeding, ejection).  Maybe i will stop at wally world tomorrow and pick up some Rem JHP  until my piece is broken in.>
I hope to strip/clean/lube & possible F&B this weekend and shoot a coupla mags to see how it shoots.>
Thanks for the advice.
Shoot it first and see how it does straight out of the box so you'll know if it really needed the F&B or not. Otherwise you might just be doing it for nothing if it already works.

Mine 1st generation P-3AT work perfect out of the box and always has.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
welcome, and their appears to be wierd things happenin to all KT's lately, not just the p3at.

keep an eye on it, and it should function fine.

and do not hesitate to ask questions if things do not seem right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.