Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to do a quick review and show off the new Laserlyte on my PF9. I have to say its well made, I was able to install one day on my 15 minute break (I work from home), took minutes to get sighted in, it is bright , can be seen at around 10 ft in daylight fairly easily, fits in my blackhawk sportster pocket holster, costed 1/2 or more of competitors, and damn if it ain't just cool!

Got mine off eBay for a cool $75. As always thanks for being such an awesome forum y'all!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks like there is a button you press with your index finger. Which I personally do not like...I could see myself forgetting to pop the laser on in a frantic situation.

Which brings me to the question; Is there something out there that will "sense" your finger in the trigger guard and come one?

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are grips that when squeezed activate a laser.
Ah yes, hadn't thought about that. I like the grip button type with a laser only, but not with a light. Less noticeable when you press it without meaning too ;)
Guess ya cant have everything!

EDIT: Sorry OP for the De-Rail!

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the review, ding, I'm picking up the same model very soon. (Sweet dipped frame, by the way. Like it!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Damnit haugdr and your knowledge, you beat me to the answer! Lol

The touch sesitive switch from what I have read, tends to be a bit tricky and unreliable. Im sure experiences vary, but I can activate the laser by the time I have it raised to aim and shoot. The button is placed where the finger rests when above the trigger. Very well designed. The squeeze activated (crimson trace models) are nice and have brigter lasers, but I liked having the the extra $100 in my pocket, and the design of my laser allowed for use of my and most any holsters.

Glad I coud help you bud. The frame is actually the urban camo color scheme straigt out of the box from keltec.

Are my pictures still showing up on y orignal post?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Thanks! Its affordable too!

My first thought was "How durable is it"...
My PF9 has had the armalaser on it for 4+ years now. Works GREAT.

No issues with anything. Replace batteries from time to time. The only improvement that I could think of would be a battery hatch. You need to take the unit off (it splits in half) to replace the batteries. Resting the finger along the side of the gun does not activate the laser, but it comes on the instant you slip the tip into the trigger guard. Perfect. :cool:

You DO need a "custom" holster, but a number of suppliers make them...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damnit haugdr and your knowledge, you beat me to the answer! Lol

The touch sesitive switch from what I have read, tends to be a bit tricky and unreliable. Im sure experiences vary, but I can activate the laser by the time I have it raised to aim and shoot. The button is placed where the finger rests when above the trigger. Very well designed. The squeeze activated (crimson trace models) are nice and have brigter lasers, but I liked having the the extra $100 in my pocket, and the design of my laser allowed for use of my and most any holsters.

Glad I coud help you bud. The frame is actually the urban camo color scheme straigt out of the box from keltec.

Are my pictures still showing up on y orignal post?
Thank you.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I will get one for my Pf9 too!
Got a very newbie question though... Where do you aim the laser? Does it have to be flush to the point of aim on the sights? I hope i dont sound really dumb with my questions..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No dumb questions here bud, especially when it comes to gunplay. But basically yes. And then test firing to ensure the aim and to ensure the laser will hold it's setting. I know it's novelty to some people, and people say you might not have time to worry about a laser in a real life situation where you have to pull your weapon, but the laser plays right into the point and shoot scheme of things. It helps reassure and visually show where you are pointing and where the bullet will strike. And I know I brought this up before, but man if it ain't just cool B)

·
Registered
43 Posts
My PF9 has had the armalaser on it for 4+ years now. Works GREAT.

No issues with anything. Replace batteries from time to time. The only improvement that I could think of would be a battery hatch. You need to take the unit off (it splits in half) to replace the batteries. Resting the finger along the side of the gun does not activate the laser, but it comes on the instant you slip the tip into the trigger guard. Perfect. :cool:

You DO need a "custom" holster, but a number of suppliers make them...
Thanks! Just bought my armalaser.

Im a pro custom holster maker...no issues there :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks ding2134! I am new in the handgun world and I just owned my first handgun, my PF9, for less than a month but it has taught me to handle pistols properly. :)

I will use the laser to check if I have a bad flinch or if I haved improved.. Hopefully the black colored laser suits well with my blue polymer grips!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
For the side mount laser it's never happened to me but I don't carry the PF9 around loose in a pocket with other stuff, it's in some type of holster at all times.

The CTC on my P3AT (front grip activated) would activate sometimes in my homemade pocket holster but a little trimming fixed that issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mountaingator: I assume you'd know if you have a dead battery in the holstered laser after a three hour car ride... Yes, I know it turns off automatically "if unused" after 5 min, but if it's being held down or bumped frequently, like it might be in your back pocket in a holster in transit ... well, that's why I'm asking if anyone has ever experienced this problem?

I will never carry any pistol or revolver without a holster that covers the trigger, not even just a clip. IMHO, that's just asking for a negligent discharge. Been there, done that, scared straight! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends here :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
saddlebagpix said:
Does the Laserlyte ever activate by itself in a soft pocket or any other type holster?
Thanks, Scott
I carry mine in a soft leather pocket holster all the time, and have never had a problem. The button is situated a such, that it is recessed and unless specifically pushed it would not come on.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts