Laser sight of 1gen p-3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Devildogz28, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Devildogz28

Devildogz28 New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I have a 1 gen p-3at and want to put a laser sight on it I dont know which one to go with the armalaser or the crimson trace. They both have things I like about them but which one will mount on a 1gen the best.
    Thanks

2. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    If going by looks I prefer CT. As far as how well they work these other guys will have to tell.

3. mgregg85

mgregg85 New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    I have the CT and it works fine but more and more I wish I would have tried the arma laser first.

4. ccoorreeyy

ccoorreeyy New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    My vote goes to the CT also.

5. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Let us know how/if it fits for you on the First Gen. The Armalaser will fit with some open space in the dust cover area. CT I don't think I have seen tried yet.

6. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    HERE is a guy having trouble with an Armalaser on a 1G P-32.  

Something to think about...:-/

7. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    It fits like a champ though! Very little space between because it sort ramps up in the front to fill that.

Since the P3AT does not lock back I doubt he would have trouble. I would still recommend the Armalaser tbh, but you really cannot go wrong either way methinks. :)

8. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    I've had both and STRONGLY PREFER THE CRIMSON TRACE....reason...I can keep it on as long as I want the Arma laser will only stay on 12 seconds or so and then you have to flick the switch again....I want to use the laser as a deterrent.

The self timer on the Armalaser was a pain in the ***...I'm happy mine broke and I had to replace it with the CT.

9. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Just got a CTC for my 1st gen P3AT last week. I'll post a picture when I get the chance. It doesn't look any worse than it does normally. :p

10. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Agree. I too have had them both. The CT wins by far IMO

11. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Quick pics of my 1st Gen with my CTC.  Just got the sight last week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No, I'm NOT looking through the viewfinder for this shot  :p

12. Devildogz28

Devildogz28 New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    From all the feed back I am strongly thinking of buying the Crimson Trace. Plus after seeing the photo of it doesnt look that bad on it

13. Devildogz28

Devildogz28 New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Well I did it I bought the crimson trace today I will let you all know how I like it  :)

14. redjacket

redjacket New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Just to balance out he conversation, I purchased an Armalaser prior to CT coming out with their own model.  I've shot about 200 rounds through the 380 with no ill effects on the laser or the gun, unlike the experience from Engineer88, which is a unusual issue.  I also have a leather holster molded to the shape of the keltec with the Armalaser.

I agree that the CT looks nicer, with a smaller profile.  Inversely, I find the Armalaser to be a sturdier looking model.  It's a tough choice.

15. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Just sighted mine in this Monday. It was aimed pretty high and to the left from the factory. After sighting it in, it's FANTASTIC! If I had known about this model earlier, I'd have picked one up sooner. The iron sights on these guns are the worst! Laser makes things so much nicer. The dot was bright in broad daylight.

16. tiburns

tiburns New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I really like my CTC laser. Although I try to use the sights with the laser I find it hard to do. I what to be able to use the sights if the battery goes dead and the wrong time. So I practice, and practice. Love the gun. Especially after I did the fluff and buff.