Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 gen p-3at and want to put a laser sight on it I dont know which one to go with the armalaser or the crimson trace. They both have things I like about them but which one will mount on a 1gen the best.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Let us know how/if it fits for you on the First Gen. The Armalaser will fit with some open space in the dust cover area. CT I don't think I have seen tried yet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It fits like a champ though! Very little space between because it sort ramps up in the front to fill that.

Since the P3AT does not lock back I doubt he would have trouble. I would still recommend the Armalaser tbh, but you really cannot go wrong either way methinks. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had both and STRONGLY PREFER THE CRIMSON TRACE....reason...I can keep it on as long as I want the Arma laser will only stay on 12 seconds or so and then you have to flick the switch again....I want to use the laser as a deterrent.

The self timer on the Armalaser was a pain in the ass...I'm happy mine broke and I had to replace it with the CT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just got a CTC for my 1st gen P3AT last week. I'll post a picture when I get the chance. It doesn't look any worse than it does normally. :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
12smile said:
I've had both and STRONGLY PREFER THE CRIMSON TRACE....reason...I can keep it on as long as I want the Arma laser will only stay on 12 seconds or so and then you have to flick the switch again....I want to use the laser as a deterrent.

The self timer on the Armalaser was a pain in the ass...I'm happy mine broke and I had to replace it with the CT.
Agree. I too have had them both. The CT wins by far IMO

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quick pics of my 1st Gen with my CTC.  Just got the sight last week.

No, I'm NOT looking through the viewfinder for this shot  :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From all the feed back I am strongly thinking of buying the Crimson Trace. Plus after seeing the photo of it doesnt look that bad on it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just to balance out he conversation, I purchased an Armalaser prior to CT coming out with their own model.  I've shot about 200 rounds through the 380 with no ill effects on the laser or the gun, unlike the experience from Engineer88, which is a unusual issue.  I also have a leather holster molded to the shape of the keltec with the Armalaser.

I agree that the CT looks nicer, with a smaller profile.  Inversely, I find the Armalaser to be a sturdier looking model.  It's a tough choice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just sighted mine in this Monday. It was aimed pretty high and to the left from the factory. After sighting it in, it's FANTASTIC! If I had known about this model earlier, I'd have picked one up sooner. The iron sights on these guns are the worst! Laser makes things so much nicer. The dot was bright in broad daylight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like my CTC laser. Although I try to use the sights with the laser I find it hard to do. I what to be able to use the sights if the battery goes dead and the wrong time. So I practice, and practice. Love the gun. Especially after I did the fluff and buff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts