Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought a Keltec P3AT, and am very pleased with the weapon so far. I wish to know, has anyone ever practiced dry firing the P3AT with laser ammo? I have been practicing with snap caps, but I would like to see where the rounds would hit if I were using live ammo.
I am considering buying a Laserlyte .380 cartridge, but I'm not sure how to load the round into the chamber, since it looks too big to fit in the magazine. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You might consider dry firing practice (with a snap cap) and watching the frame itself doesn't move. Once you learn trigger control and aren't flinching you can work on sight picture, and then move the sights based on actual point of impact.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You might consider dry firing practice (with a snap cap) and watching the frame itself doesn't move. Once you learn trigger control and aren't flinching you can work on sight picture, and then move the sights based on actual point of impact.
Get the side mount laser sight and put a spent cartridge in it and watch when the hammer falls and you will see and learn the trigger creep/pull .

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Use a snap cap, not a spent cartridge. You could put something on the slide, like an empty casing when you dry fire. Practice squeezing the trigger without making it fall.

·
Registered
645 Posts
A laser on a defensive handgun is both an effective sighting system and a great training tool. Crimson Trace makes the best one for the P3AT, IMHO, and they have a $50 rebate offer going on until the end of April.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish there were a way to lock the slide open on the p3at so I could insert the laser cartridge directly into the barrel. It appears this gun simply cannot be used with laser ammo.
You can hold the slide back with one hand while you drop the laser into the chamber with the other... just grip the gun as you normally would for shooting, pull back the slide with your other hand, then while it's all the way back, hook your trigger finger around the front of the slide above the barrel. Then you can let go with your other hand while using your trigger finger to hold the slide open.

There are other ways of holding the slide open with your hand, but the above is the simplest to describe in text. :Cooltu:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.