Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
New member here, but I used to own a Browning BDA .380 that was one of the prettiest guns I have ever seen. Deep dark bluing, and wooden grips. Just too heavy for my taste. Now I wish I had it just because it looked so good. Had the browning name, but was made by Beretta under license from FN. Quite a pedigree!

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I am late to the party, but here is the Remington model 51 in .380acp, nickeled
(Don’t know why my cellphone app uploads duplicates):
Thats alright, with old thread suggestions on the bottom, ppl will be responding for years to come.
This is a great submission. Is that a rotating bolt? That would be awesome for a .380!
Duplicates happen when you click on either "make image a thumbnail or full size". It just adds your choice as another attachment. You can edit the post and remove one.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I want to bring this up...
The Beretta 84 "Cheetah" is getting some love on TFB...

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'm late to the party but I second the Bersa Thunder. Wife has one and we shoot the blazes out of it. It has been flawless with the original mag and is comfortable to shoot.
Yes! The thunder, in all its variations, is a full featured fixed barrel shooter.
A certain member here, (you know who you are), his wife rocks a thunder, but he won't get his daughter one. I don't understand it. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Soooooo.....
As you can see, I've (we've) probably covered this large .380 world and haven't found much more than what else is listed here.
Here are my favs:
(1) Browning 1911-380
(1.5) Taurus PT59
(2) Grand Power LP-380

Who the heck is Grand Power? Exactly. Some folks actually like this unheard of.
Watch this gal absolutely drill the compact version:
A Bad-Ass .380? Grand Power CP 380 | SOFREP

Wrapping this up, obviously, the little guns weren't covered here .eg. Glockie 42, Bersa Thunder, Siggy P238, etc, etc.
The reason is there are gobs of mouse guns in .380. I wanted to showcase an under served, if not obscure category.
After all, anything sub-compact and larger can easily be a 9mm, and there are even more gobs of those. Talk about one hell of a rabbit hole, the 9mm segment. So why even bother with the under-performing .380?
Its fun and easy to shoot. Its about the perfect auto round that, like .38 Spl, fits between being comfortable for practice and recreation while still a viable defense round, providing you do your part.
I see interest in the .380 is still out there. There are some nifty defensive rounds to be had.
More barrel = more performance so the larger guns deserve a look.

Reactions: RAT76

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Well, there are probably still those barrel adapters to drop into a 12 gauge that will accept a .380 ACP cartridge, sooooo ... I guess there's that...?

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I had read there is a .380 Glock 25 and 28 that is illegal to import into the USA due to size limitations?
Apparently there are rules,1968 GCA 935(d)(3) point system, governing how large a pistol can get for the round.
Stupid. Really, really stupid.
to group in large frame small caliber hand guns with sawed off shotguns is just idiot.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The fun continues...
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Tanfoglio Force Ft9 .380 / .38 Super?
I think they're just as confused as everyone else
But go look on the web site. none of the autos have ejection ports.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
This CZ VZ 38 (1937) takes the ugly award. It was available in .380 ACP / 9X17 Browning Short / 9mm Kurz (all the same)
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

More than you want to know
CZ Vz.38 - Modern Firearms

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I had read there is a .380 Glock 25 and 28 that is illegal to import into the USA due to size limitations?
Apparently there are rules,1968 GCA 935(d)(3) point system, governing how large a pistol can get for the round.
Stupid. Really, really stupid.
to group in large frame small caliber hand guns with sawed off shotguns is just idiot.
...as most gun laws tend to be. I still can't for the life of me understand why they want to ban pistol braces. If the idea is "OMG IT MAKES IT A SHORT-BARREL RIFLE!" and that's bad because it's more concealable than a standard-length rifle, then the alternative is to get rid of the pistol brace which thereby makes the thing MORE concealable. Derp.

Anyway.

Come to think of it, I wonder what's the biggest .380 or .32 ACP pistol around? I mean, there's 7.62x25 Tokarev, which is sorta a .32 cal round, and the Tokarev and CZ52 pretty big ... well, and obviously a PPSH-43 if it has a folding stock that's welded closed (and is therefore a "pistol"), but aside from those ... dunno?

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
New member here, but I used to own a Browning BDA .380 that was one of the prettiest guns I have ever seen. Deep dark bluing, and wooden grips. Just too heavy for my taste. Now I wish I had it just because it looked so good. Had the browning name, but was made by Beretta under license from FN. Quite a pedigree!
It is a BDA clone I bought! No mushy strikers for me! I will buy any extra mags you still have. they still work.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I wonder what's the biggest .380 or .32 ACP pistol around? I mean, there's 7.62x25 Tokarev, which is sorta a .32 cal round
In my sleuthing I found MAC 11 type machine pistol in .380. I didn't bother putting it here.
I think the largest pistol is probably the Taurus P59. At least, that would be a pistol worth buying.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts