Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
www.smartcarry.com

I would be irritated to no end by a gun swinging around my neck on a chain. Not to mention it will print really bad with a jerzee and just bad with a t-shirt I would think. The smartcarry may print a bit if you wear spandex but whose looking there anyway?

I bought the smartcarry as a backup for those times when nothing else would work and it has become my number one choice in carry. It goes on every morning with my underwear. Yah, TMI.

-Scott

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Pretty hard to get to a smart carry riding a bike or canoeing. :-/

I think the lanyard has it's applications. There are also several holster makers that do a neck holster so that the trigger is covered. Here's one:

http://www.stellarrigs.com/gun_neckchain_rigs.html

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
TxCajun said:
Pretty hard to get to a smart carry riding a bike or canoeing.   :-/
Don't know what you mean at all - smartcarry works awesome while riding a bike or a motorcycle. In fact, I can't say that I have found any activity that it gets in the way of... Well one, but this is usually a PG13 board.

Can't say I have been canoeing lately.

Stellarrigs kydex stuff looks interesting but that P3AT is still gonna flop around if on a chain. Personal preferrences I guess.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
When I carry my P3AT as a second gun it is in a Stellarrigs neck holster. As with most holsters you notice it at first but soon become accustomed to it. I have had no problems with either type of neck holster by this company though I did trim a little material away from the vertical holster to allow a better firing grip while still in the holster. It still is very secure and with practice very quick.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Try it before you buy it!

Get yourself a boot lace or some cord and hang the empty gun around your neck while you go about your daily activities. You will soon know if it will work for you or not.

rcmodel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Scott, does the smartcarry get in the way when you're taking a leak? I liked the design of that holster but it's not what I want for the activities i mentioned. Guess I'll order the kel tec lanyard and try it out, it's cheap enough that I won't be out much if it doesn't work out for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Canoeing/Kayaking

When canoing or kayaking, my PFD has two great pouches that carry my P3AT perfectly. In addition, I have a deck bag on my sea kayak that carrys my Keltec, phone, GPS and binoculars. Either way I can get to it quickly.

The one time I tried my Smartcarry when kayaking was not comfortable at all. ::) You'd have to be a paddler to understand.

When riding my hybrid bike, I still prefer pocket carry in the Nemesis. It's much quicker to get to.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
C1skout said:
Thanks for the input guys.  Scott, does the smartcarry get in the way when you're taking a leak?  I liked the design of that  holster but it's not what I want for the activities i mentioned. Guess I'll order the kel tec lanyard and try it out,
When I first bought the smartcarry it was for "rare moments" when I can't pocket/boot carry. Now I find myself using it more and more - on me all night at church, playing with kids, up and down for praying/singing etc. At this point I am about 40% smartcarry, 40% boot and 20% pocket. With both the boot and the pocket I use either the Desantis or the concealmentconcepts that has been posted about recently.

Peepee (sorry, have little kids) takes some getting used to but I still use the urinal and no one ever notices even if open wall of urinals. You can either, as described in the website push the smartcarry to the side OR I usually either let it ride up a little bit and pull out beneath it or flip it up like it is hinged along the strap - it folds just over the grip and holds the gun and extra mag in place.

DISCLAIMER - I cannot imagine the smartcarry working nearly as well with a larger gun than the P3AT, but with the P3AT I barely notice it anymore.

-Scott

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
adamsesq said:
When I first bought the smartcarry it was for "rare moments" when I can't pocket/boot carry.  Now I find myself using it more and more - on me all night at church, playing with kids, up and down for praying/singing etc.  At this point I am about 40% smartcarry, 40% boot and 20% pocket.  With both the boot and the pocket I use either the Desantis or the concealmentconcepts that has been posted about recently.

Peepee (sorry, have little kids) takes some getting used to but I still use the urinal and no one ever notices even if open wall of urinals.  You can either, as described in the website push the smartcarry to the side OR I usually either let it ride up a little bit and pull out beneath it or flip it up like it is hinged along the strap - it folds just over the grip and holds the gun and extra mag in place.

DISCLAIMER - I cannot imagine the smartcarry working nearly as well with a larger gun than the P3AT, but with the P3AT I barely notice it anymore.

-Scott  
+1 - and I wear mine 24/7. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.