Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a video about a church in Michigan which encouraged a lady to bring her p3at to church functions...neat church!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTI40mk3xI[/ame]

G

·
Good for them..Why not carry 24-7???
Have you never read about a killing in
a church by a B G ?? I have .

Geo.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I admire the church and the pastors for their policies.  If ANYONE ever wants an example of the liberal anti-gun media this is classic (Hear that ITW?).  They make the church out to be some fanatic island of society because its members are told they are allowed to do what state law allows them to do?  The assistant pastor is right on with his concealed means concealed - we don't ask and I am sure he would say we don't want you to tell.  In that spirit (no pun intended) I won't talk about church yesterday except to say that I was very comfortable in our church service that our church also handles this situation very well.

And the police chief suggesting that only people in special crime areas need to carry weapons??

-Scott

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a pro gun church. Also according to law it is legal to carry in a church (IN TEXAS) unless posted. I have never seen a do not carry sign on a church door. That was an attack on that church, gun owners and there rights.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
jkoenig1980 said:
There is nothing wrong with a pro gun church. Also according to law it is legal to carry in a church unless posted. I have never seen a do not carry sign on a church door. That was an attack on that church,  gun owners and there rights.
Agree on the fact that it was an attack - but be careful about "The law" as, with regard to churches, it varies VERY widely from state to state.

-Scott

·
Registered
16 Posts
in GA where i live, it is specifically prohibited to carry deadly weapons in a church or to a church function.  this is right out of the code section quoted on the back of the permit.  so, GA folks be careful!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That's the first Church in Michigan that I have heard of allowing CCW. ;)

I would think that in most cases an individual would have to ask the church leadership for permission. :-X

I would not think very many churches would make it a known policy. Especially now with this negative news story :-/

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I have reviewed many state laws that say it is prohibited unless the church has a policy that allows it.

I seem to recall that there was some "order" (sorry, not LDS and don't remember what they call it) from head hauncho Bishop that said all mormon churches (or maybe it was in a particular area?) allowed it.

In Oregon a church is just like any other private property. CCW is allowed unless the property owner asks you not to.

-Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.