Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you using them. Do you Really like it?
Pro's/Con's?
The one thread I did see about suppresors seemed like anything is better than the one from KT or some others that have the same concept.
I really like the PLR 16, but its LOUD.. But FUN!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you talking compensator/muzzle brake/flash suppressor or a true sound suppressor? As far as a compensator I use a Levang Linear Compensator (35$-40$). This redirects all sound and flash downrange so it effectively reduces the sound to the shooter and those around him. I also like the look better than Kel Tec. I do not notice this being any worse than any other gun I own when using ear protection.True sound suppression, I own a Gemtech Trek and this eliminates mostly all sound except for sonic crack.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a muzzle brake/ flash suppresor.
Thanks anyway, i hit the buy button this morning.
$125.00, hope its worth it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a yankee hill muzzle brake, much cheaper, and not too bad to look at.. although I want the custom one from the ktog admin... but he's not progressing with it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It came in today. Bavo Company USA is where I bought it from.
Very fast shipping!!
It looks MEAN on the gun. I have to figure out how to post pictures here.
Gotta work tomorrow, but if its not raining to hard on Sunday I'll go to the range.
Will give a report right after I do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It came in today. Bavo Company USA is where I bought it from.
Very fast shipping!!
It looks MEAN on the gun. I have to figure out how to post pictures here.
Gotta work tomorrow, but if its not raining to hard on Sunday I'll go to the range.
Will give a report right after I do.
Which range? I'm up in Spring Hill, my choices are rather limited.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Which range? I'm up in Spring Hill, my choices are rather limited.
I go to the Wyoming Antelope Club in Clearwater.
$20 bucks per person, and you can shoot all day if you want.
Nice place, 100 yard max rifle range. But also pistol at 10, 15 and 20 feet. 25 and 50 yard benches to.
They also have a live action .22 gallary. Thats fun. But you have to buy there ammo for that.
Otherwise bring what you want for ammo, they don't sell ammo, just that .22 stuff.
It will take you about an hour driving south on 19 from Spring Hill.
Supposed to rain this weekend, but I'm gonna try and make it on Sunday if you wanna go. I need to shoot this new toy:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
If these squirrels get any more annoying, I'm going to have my own live action .22 gallery. Got a family reunion on Sunday, if it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Make sure you report back with your results, please:D
Well, I was able to go today instead of Sunday.
We put 240 rds thru it between my son and I.

At 25 yards my son was putting on a show with his marksmanship, and it was his first time shooting the PLR 16. Penny size groups. He's a great shot. We were using an AIM red dot, off a rest. Me a little more spread out but not to bad. Ok, I'm BS'en here:)
The PIG looks Cooool on the rifle, and yes it weighs 7oz. But with a full 30 rd mag the gun felt great. Some did ask if it was a real suppresor.

KX2 Pig pro's and cons IMO. Alot less noise, and I mean ALOT.
Muzzle flash you really had to look for it looking from the side. But shooting we saw none.
Felt recoil was not to much more compared to the KT, but this is more of a flash, noise suppresor than a brake. Getting back on target was good.

Pro's and con's of KT muzzle brake IMO.
Loud, very loud.
Muzzle flash reminded me of my PMR 30. Yes, that means its alot of Flash...
Getting back on target was better than the pig.

Conclusion, the pig IMO is better for me in a close quarter situation.
Car, home others around you and so on. Less to no flash in daylight, and sound was thrown foward away from shooter.
The KT was better at getting back on target, but thats if your not blinded by the muzzle flash and if you can recover from the blast. But again, not by much
Worth the $125.00? I think its overpriced.
But overall we liked it better than the KT brake.

But

1 - 11 of 11 Posts