·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Tex...

·
Administrator
31,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t like the new format. I can’t figure out how to edit a post? Can someone please explain.......? How to:

edit an existing post.
add a pic attachment.
delete a post.
Post #8 covers editing and some other stuff is mentioned in this thread.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
I have been using this forum format over at Coloradofans.com for a year. It took year for the admin to fix all the bugs.
If my experience here is what it was there, then:
(1) the changes will be very slow in coming
(2) all the changes I recommended were eventually adopted because when I say something needs to be done, Im right.
I hope this isn't a repeat.

But for anyone who cares what I say, except for rotary pete, he likes everything I say,
Give this forum a chance, send your feedback to one designated thread for the admin to review, and learn your way around the functions, and DO support the form by patronizing the supporting vendors and consider being a premium member yourself. This forum made it very easy to do that on the first day. Being a Premium member should give you a better forum experience with ability to diminish the sidebar.

Hang in there.
Oh, Go to your Account and update your privacy and preferences.

Reactions: RAT76

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
I have been using this forum format over at Coloradofans.com for a year. It took year for the admin to fix all the bugs.
If my experience here is what it was there, then:
(1) the changes will be very slow in coming
(2) all the changes I recommended were eventually adopted because when I say something needs to be done, Im right.
I hope this isn't a repeat.

But for anyone who cares what I say, except for rotary pete, he likes everything I say,
Give this forum a chance, send your feedback to one designated thread for the admin to review, and learn your way around the functions, and DO support the form by patronizing the supporting vendors and consider being a premium member yourself. This forum made it very easy to do that on the first day. Being a Premium member should give you a better forum experience with ability to diminish the sidebar.

Hang in there.
Oh, Go to your Account and update your privacy and preferences.
Most of the changes I don't really "like" but it is generally just because things are not where I expect them to be and don't look how I expect them to look. It just looks and feels "wrong." Those things, I'll get used to over time.

But the one thing I think is seriously WORSE is the "Alerts" menu. Previously, it was on the top of the bar and hovering over it would show you the replies and whatever "likes" you may have received. You didn't have to click anything. Now, you have to click the Avatar icon, then click the Alerts option, then you can scroll through the replies, after you've left the page you were on to see if there was anything worth responding to. And if you want to see who "liked" what, you have to click, yet again.

The Alerts menu was something that I used constantly as an efficient and effective way to interact with the forum and the threads I was participating in. This new location and format for the Alerts makes it 3 times slower to use and vastly more inconvenient. If the new forum is 1 step forward in terms of reliability and security, the new location and method of use for the Alert menu is 3 steps back. It is, frankly, terrible.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Electroshot

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
yes, i agree completely.
This was a suggestion i made at CF.com that the alerts work like the KTOG. it was never adopted.
could alerts be put in the sidebar for premium members?

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
More problems with the alerts.
(1) The shades of color, or colour, that differentiate between read and unread alerts is too close to see easily. It is like one graduation in color scale. The same crap at CF.com, but this one at KTOG is worse yet.
(2) The alerts reset as "all read" after having read one. That is, if I have five new alerts, read one, go to home page, the unread alerts dot will be gone, then go to alerts, all alerts will be unshaded as read.
This is very dysfunctional for a very much used feature of the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts