KT mag finger extension question?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by xrmattaz, Apr 18, 2008.

1. xrmattaz

xrmattaz New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Put 'em on all my mags, I have pretty large hands. Do most of you use a full grip with these, or still curl the pinkie finger under??

2. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I was curious about the same thing I have large hands also will the extension allow you to get you pinkie finger on the extension or does it dangle off. Thanks

Tom j.

3. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i have a full grip. my hands are medium size

4. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    As a man of average hand size..I got pinky dangle ;)

5. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    That sound encouraging have you ever seen that Bersa extension I think it looks a little better just wondering if it's just as long. Thanks!

Tom j.

6. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Hummm... looks like we got one dangle and one full grip.  :D  ;D

Tom j.

7. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    mine dangles. ;D
    without it i only get 1 1/2 fingers on the grip.
    and i believe that the scherer is the same size as the bersa, the naa is longer.

8. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Think I'll get the Bersa then saw what about the extension with the extra round is that any longer or do we still have a dangle. ::)

Tom j.

9. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I get dangle with both...this is silly ;D

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I have a Bersa on one of my P3ATs and the one from KT on the other. The KT extension is just slightly longer (maybe a 1/16"?). I have medium mits and only two fingers fit on the grip. The pinky goes under the extensions and fits very comfortably (more so than say on a Glock 26/27) due, I believe, to the concave shape of the bottom of both extensions.

Take care...

11. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Without the +1 extension I can barely get a finger and a half on the grip. With the extension I get two full fingers and pinky curl.

Eventually, maybe this weekend, I'm going to try to stack the pinky extension on the +1 for a more secure grip. I'll post the results of my efforts good or bad once I get around to the actual destruction construction.

12. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    ill have to change that. pinkie is dangling i was thinking at the pf9
    sorry

13. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Humm... another dangle. ::)  But in all seriousness do you think the extension adds to the comfort of the grip?

Tom j.

14. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Humm... another dangle. ::)  But in all seriousness do you think the extension adds to the comfort of the grip?
    Tom j.[/quote]

Yes I do. Also believe it aids control and accuracy. Most importantly it looks COOL!  :)

Take care...

15. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Yep looks are important at least to me. Thanks! Probably get the Bersa, I personally think it looks a little better then the Kel-Tec.

Tom j.

16. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i am not using the extension on p-3at,pf9 or p-11
    i think i shoot better without
    and it is easier to conceal

17. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Member

Apr 7, 2007
    I would say I have large hands since the extension allows me to get a full 2 fingers on the grip. Without the extension I'd get 1 1/2 fingers on there so to me they are a must.

18. jerry-s.

jerry-s. Guest

ditto.

i can fire my p3at well enough without the mag ext. so i can empty the magazine in a selfdefensive shooting, but for extended practice and/or range quals i need the mag ext. so i can get a two finger grip on the gun to save my trigger finger from the infamous "slap".