KT customer service, WOW!!!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by buster1, Apr 11, 2008.

1. buster1

buster1 New Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Some of you may have seen my post last week where I sent my parked P3At back to KT because of FTF/FTE problems and bought a HC P3At to hold me over. Well, about 5 minutes ago there was a knock on the door and it was UPS with a package. I wasn't expecting anything from UPS, so it took me by surprise, and I was even more surprised when I saw the package was from KT.

They sent back my pistol with a brand new barrel and slide, and also polished the feed ramp. I haven't fired it yet, but man am I impressed with KT's customer service! It was less than two weeks from the time they issued a call tag for UPS to pick up the pistol until the time it was back in my hands! Doesn't get any better than that!

2. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Glad for you.
    Just how much cash did you put in the box?  ::)
    I have had mine there for 6 weeks now for minor work for FTE problems.
    Maybe mine will show up soon also.

3. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Sounds like they may be getting caught up.

4. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    WOW is all I can say! I'm still waiting on a peened slide replacement they have had for several weeks.

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

Good Ideal

6. htt

htt New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I can testify to the quality of Kel-Tec's Customer Service.
    I had a 1st. Gen P3AT that I carried for about three years but had shot maybe 400 rounds. It started locking up and the only way to get it free was to disassemble it.
    I returned it and repairs took six weeks but when it came back it had a new slide, grip and trigger. I took it to the range and tested it. On round 36 it came apart and I never did find all the pieces.
    My dealer called Kel-Tec and they sent a prepaid mailer. I shipped the gun back and 7 days later I got a new gun with my origional serial no. this was a 2nd. Gen. P3AT.
    I have put 100 rounds through this one and had one FTE. This is now my every day pocket gun. I also have another one that has been tested and put back in case the Dems. try banning small concealable weapons.
    This has been my only experience with Kel-Tec's Customer Service but I was very satisfied. :)

7. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    They have the best customer service I have ever seen, bar none. Glad you have your gun back now so go out and shoot something and give us a report.