Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Kel-Tech owning beings/entities. So my KSGs slide doesn't lock into place like it use to. Wether it's forward or back, it wobbles from side to side and slightly back and forth. The gun still functions fine, it feeds and cycles as I need it to. But the slides wobble is annoying as all hell. Any idea as to what could be wrong? It's as if it's "off the tracks/rail". I bumped it a few times, maybe had a "hard" rack, I know that's how it started, but can't figure out how to fix it. Again any ideas/help/suggests appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If it cycles, the "slide" rails are fine. The slide forearm is what keeps the front guided, and could be there's a broken bit of polymer (aka plastic) that occurred? I'd do a field strip, check for broken parts that ride the mag tubes. And, some play is expected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm assuming it was broken or bent polymer somewhere. I've done field strips and haven't found anything. Do you think I should take the forearm apart? Is it safe to do that, I think that would void the warranty.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Take it apart only if you know you got the skills-to-pay-the-bills when putting it all together again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had posted about my slide missing screws on the side. It was very loose. I don’t know how I never noticed it. Seems like a obvious thing to see but I didn’t until I was cleaning mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had posted about my slide missing screws on the side. It was very loose. I don’t know how I never noticed it. Seems like a obvious thing to see but I didn’t until I was cleaning mine.
Which screws?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts