Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just ordered a Button Sling that should be in any day. I opted for the button with the plastic tab on the sling. I talked with the owner on the phone with some concerns about needing a tool to to break down the KSG. I am going to try a small knurl bolt with a small lock washer to get rid of the hex screw on the pin. The owner because of liability said I can do that to see how well it works but he can not sell them like that in case the Knurl bolt were to back out. I get it, and will see how well a lock washer works. The owner also said If I don't like how it works out to send it back so that was cool.
There are a few threads here on slings and that's what led me to the Button sling. Good luck and I will update when I get mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered a Button Sling that should be in any day. I opted for the button with the plastic tab on the sling. I talked with the owner on the phone with some concerns about needing a tool to to break down the KSG. I am going to try a small knurl bolt with a small lock washer to get rid of the hex screw on the pin. The owner because of liability said I can do that to see how well it works but he can not sell them like that in case the Knurl bolt were to back out. I get it, and will see how well a lock washer works. The owner also said If I don't like how it works out to send it back so that was cool.
There are a few threads here on slings and that's what led me to the Button sling. Good luck and I will update when I get mine.

Thanks, I missed that one in my research I will look into it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was second guessing my sling attachment choice after I ordered with the plastic tab and the sling arrived today. Installing the sling on the button tab it locked into place with a crisp *snap* and I don't think it's going anywhere. If you fold your stock KSG sling in half and double it over, that's about the thickness of the plastic tab. the button sticks out about a 1/2 inch at it's swivel point. The sling is double stitched and a little thinner and not as wide as the stock KSG sling. Definitely more pliable than the stock. The instructions read to add Blue lock tite on the allen screw but I held off on that as I have the knurl knob ordered. At the range the set screw didn't budge so the knurl knob should work great. I would say so far I am satisfied with the purchase.

EDIT: I received the knurl bolts today (2) and put 1 on the non button side. It looks good and I can remove the pin now manually if needed so we will see how well it holds up.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was second guessing my sling attachment choice after I ordered with the plastic tab and the sling arrived today. Installing the sling on the button tab it locked into place with a crisp *snap* and I don't think it's going anywhere. If you fold your stock KSG sling in half and double it over, that's about the thickness of the plastic tab. the button sticks out about a 1/2 inch at it's swivel point. The sling is double stitched and a little thinner and not as wide as the stock KSG sling. Definitely more pliable than the stock. The instructions read to add Blue lock tite on the allen screw but I held off on that as I have the knurl knob ordered. At the range the set screw didn't budge so the knurl knob should work great. I would say so far I am satisfied with the purchase.

EDIT: I received the knurl bolts today (2) and put 1 on the non button side. It looks good and I can remove the pin now manually if needed so we will see how well it holds up.
Do you have the link to the knurled knob , or the specifications?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Quick release sling mounts are cool and convenient. I may look into it for my KSG25 later on. Right now I have a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling threaded to the built in sling mounts on the shotgun and it works very well. Lots of different configurations can be rapidly deployed. 3 point slings are overly complicated and unless you train with them regularly they can be dangerous in a critical situation. I never liked 1 point slings either although I can see where they are useful perhaps for a small, light rifle.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ordered a KSG and it will be in next week, I was curious which QD single point mount any of you have tried and how well you like it.
plan on multiple attachment options.

I have found single and two points work and I reattach based upon what I am doing. I also installed a second point on the single cause the KSG does not sling just right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.