Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Very slick and functional. Especially for safety reasons! I don't personally like the AFG on this gun, but that seems like a great setup for those that do. Nice work! What is that piece that the paracord is looped through at the very end?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank for the feedback. The ends are Mako/Fab Defense rail sling mounts from Midway, and the setup is on the long lower rail from Hi- Tech. The paracord I bought came with a .pdf download for different projects. This one is similar to a bracelet with 4 center strands. The middle treated like one with a three loop figure 8 pattern. I added a 5th strand by threading the ends back up the middle of the band.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would you be willing to put together the same setup in black for me? From the photo, looks like you would need the AFG2, paracord, and sling mounts. I could get the extended rail on my end and then put together. I really like this setup.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Cool setup. I saw a plain strap setup like that on a mossberg and I thought it was a good idea. You've taken that basic idea and made it even better.

The only concern is have is if you use a sling the strap might get hung up on something when you have it slung. It may not be a big deal for most people but it's something to be aware of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great point. I'm moving to a single point sling for that and other reasons. Won't completely alleviate what I believe you are describing, but for me, the inherent safety is worth the snag possibility. Thanks!
Erik

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.