Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a video.

[ame]http://youtu.be/fnyRnjI7OiA[/ame]

You could possibly combine this with 3gun double or quad reloading techniques.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18t4BkgT4sA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
A LGS has one in stock. They let me hold but said DON'T turn the magazine. Apparently they are quite easy to break. Don't know how or why.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think it is rather ugly............

not that I care about the looks of a weapon, but it just appears bulky and large.

BTW, I just bought my KSG and will be picking it up tomorrow....YEAH.

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
Yes actually. This is the 4th time it has been posted in the "KSG" forum instead of Other Guns since the KSG forum was created..... ;)
And now it is where it belongs... Other Guns. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go to their web page and watch how "easy"it is to field strip... It was a complete show stopper for me. When the list of what you need includes hammers punches screwdrivers and Alan wrenches...and tiny c ring clamps that need to be taken off... No thanks. I would lose the tiny bits in a heartbeat. Makes me love/appreciate my KSG even more.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Still waitin for a KSG...
Maybe some potential KSG buyers will choose these things and free up some on the KSG backorder lists.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm definitely not a fan of how short the butt stock is. Before looking at more pictures of it I thought it was no different than any other shot gun until realizing it was a bull pup. I think waiting for the ksg is still a better choice

·
Registered
341 Posts
Im debating between buying one of these ATS's or a RFB. Have a funny feeling I may get this gun before finding a RFB localy.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
A LGS has one in stock. They let me hold but said DON'T turn the magazine. Apparently they are quite easy to break. Don't know how or why.
I think you are thinking about another gun, the SRM-1216?
The UTS-15 is a pump bullpup Shotgun with 2 magazines above the barrel.
After being frustrated in my attempts to obtain a KSG at anything near MSRP
I went ahead and bought one of these UTS-15s
Should get shipment direct from the Manufacturer in about 4 weeks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
After some research a few thing are standing out to me as a good reason to buy-
1- front and rear sights 2- front, mid and rear sling attachment points 3- easy loading from the top plus the feed tensioners can be held back (no finger or thumb being bit by shel retainer claws) 4- automatic alternating tube selector 5- a flash suppressor comes with purchase 6- last and final the suppressor can be unscrewed and a standard winchoke can be screwed on. Very nice for hunting or sport clay shooting if you wish;)

Don't get me wrong the KSG is my first go to but there are some great selling points to the UTS-15

·
Registered
8 Posts
After some research a few thing are standing out to me as a good reason to buy-
1- front and rear sights 2- front, mid and rear sling attachment points 3- easy loading from the top plus the feed tensioners can be held back (no finger or thumb being bit by shel retainer claws) 4- automatic alternating tube selector 5- a flash suppressor comes with purchase 6- last and final the suppressor can be unscrewed and a standard winchoke can be screwed on. Very nice for hunting or sport clay shooting if you wish;)

Don't get me wrong the KSG is my first go to but there are some great selling points to the UTS-15
Couldn't have said it better myself.
You sir are a Genius!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well I sent my money off and I should see the UTS by the first week of July. Once I have the gun I will post some shooting fun with it and the KSG.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The first of the KSG copycats?

I didn't think it was possible to make (as much as I want one) an uglier gun than the KSG, but someone managed to do it...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=288987575

It looks like an over-under on steriods, and not in a good way...

They even seem to be taking a page from Kel Tec about it's availability...

"We have a signed license agreement, most of the tooling in place and it looks like they’ll start production of the American made UTS-15 parts in April, with finished guns being delivered in late May or early June."

It's nice to hear that "most of the tooling" is in place when they're already starting to try to sell the gun. I'll just continue to wait for my KSG.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts