Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the following KSG accessories work on the KS7?

PART KSG-810 Extended butt-pad
PART KSG-515 Single point sling attachment
PART KSG-437 Choke tube adapter
PART-BRL KSG Barrel ring lug (6 notch)

Yes, I have all of them. And yes I have submitted an information/claim request to Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is the KSG Extended Butt Pad I put on my KS7 I picked up today. It fits perfectly. The stock KS7 butt pad gives a length of pull of 13". The KSG Extended Butt Pad adds 1/2" to the length of pull for a measurement of 13 1/2". There are four screws with elasti-lock nuts that have to be removed to change the butt pad. One of the screws is longer than the other three. Take note of where that longer screw goes.

IMPORTANT: ALL the external hex head screws on the KS7 are METRIC including the two screws holding the carry handle! All of the screws need a 2.5mm Allen wrench.

Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory Starting pistol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie here, picked up this one at a gun show in GA early March. I've added the same extended butt pad, KSG Tractiongrips, M*carbo KSG trigger and springs. Carlson Comp Enforcer Breacher (had to modify it due to clearance to mag cap and add a shim) and mlok M&p flashlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
In my range post I mentioned that the sights on the carry handle are too low for me making me shoot high, as in very high. When I returned home I replaced the carry handle with the KSG Picatinny rail and the KSG Heat shield (KSG part #173). The carry handle is mounted by two screws and two washers. The two washers are not needed to mount the Picatinny rail. There has been some question about if the KSG heat shield would fit the KS7. It does fit! The rear of the heat shield has some small flats to match the KSG receiver. The KS7 receiver is round so there is some small difference. The difference is small and, in my mind, doesn't matter. I mounted a Primary Arms red dot sight on the rail and found that, for me, I needed to add a 1/2" riser. I used a QD riser so I could get rid of the red dot quickly, if needed. I'll add back-up sights later. Pics follow.

KSG heat shield on KS7
Gun Airsoft Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

KSG heat shield flats on KS7
Wood Hardwood Flooring Floor

KSG Picatinny rail on KS7
Gun Firearm Airsoft Airsoft gun Air gun

KS7 with Picainny rail, heat shield, 1/2" riser and Primary Arms red dot.
Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Airsoft

·
Registered
334 Posts
Newbie here, picked up this one at a gun show in GA early March. I've added the same extended butt pad, KSG Tractiongrips, M*carbo KSG trigger and springs. Carlson Comp Enforcer Breacher (had to modify it due to clearance to mag cap and add a shim) and mlok M&p flashlight.
How did you get the barrel nut off of your KS7? I could not find a socket that fit.

·
Registered
475 Posts
As I mentioned before, the carry handle is too low for me causing me to shoot too high. I couldn't get my eyes low enough to line up the sights on the carry handle. So, I mounted the KSG Picatinny rail and KSG heat shield on the KS7. I used a Primary Arms red dot and a 1/2" quick detach riser to give me a good and comfortable line of sight through the red dot. I also mounted a UTG Super Slim AR15 sight set that gives me a perfect cowitness with the red dot. I plan on bore-sighting the KS7 by mounting the barrel assembly only in a soft vise and boresighting at about 30 yards. I consider the KS7 to be a 25 to 30 yard buckshot and 80 to 100 yard shotgun. I think a 30 yard zero will give a close to zero at 80 to 100 yards or so when you account for the height of the red dot above the bore and a slug trajectory, subject to range verification.

Airsoft

·
Registered
493 Posts
As I mentioned before, the carry handle is too low for me causing me to shoot too high. I couldn't get my eyes low enough to line up the sights on the carry handle. So, I mounted the KSG Picatinny rail and KSG heat shield on the KS7. I used a Primary Arms red dot and a 1/2" quick detach riser to give me a good and comfortable line of sight through the red dot. I also mounted a UTG Super Slim AR15 sight set that gives me a perfect cowitness with the red dot. I plan on bore-sighting the KS7 by mounting the barrel assembly only in a soft vise and boresighting at about 30 yards. I consider the KS7 to be a 25 to 30 yard buckshot and 80 to 100 yard shotgun. I think a 30 yard zero will give a close to zero at 80 to 100 yards or so when you account for the height of the red dot above the bore and a slug trajectory, subject to range verification.

View attachment 40580
The intended use and load/s for your KS7 should in part drive the distance you zero (optimize) your optic for. What are yours?

·
Registered
475 Posts
The intended use and load/s for your KS7 should in part drive the distance you zero (optimize) your optic for. What are yours?
I left out the "slug" for 80 to 100 yards in my post but I intend to use the KS7 with the mini-shotshells for capacity and reduced wall penetration. A maximum range of 25 to 30 yards is what I would expect and probably less (15 yards maybe). It will be interesting to see how the mini-slugs hit at 80 to 100 yards with a 25 yard zero. I need to shoot a bunch of mini's to confirm reliability. So far, I'm up to just 27 rounds with no problems.

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
For any one that has both ksg and ks7... Could you please chexk if the ksg frame pins are interchangeable with ks7 pins. I have a ks7 and I want to buy a qd swivel frame pins that is only sold for the ksg at the moment. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spoke with Keltec on the phone yesterday, they had very few solid answers on what fits the KS7 from the KSG lineup. The fella said that the tactical pins probably wouldn't fit, but I think I'll buy them to find out.

I'm also hoping to find out if the single point sling attachment fits? Anyone know?

·
Registered
475 Posts
In looking at the KS7 manual parts list the pins are listed as KS7-209. The KS& designation means the pin is exclusive to the KS7 and would not fit the KSG. The KSG pins will not fit the KS7. I don't know about the sling attachment.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Spoke with Keltec on the phone yesterday, they had very few solid answers on what fits the KS7 from the KSG lineup. The fella said that the tactical pins probably wouldn't fit, but I think I'll buy them to find out.

I'm also hoping to find out if the single point sling attachment fits? Anyone know?
Just a reminder. The KS7 exploded view and parts list has three different designations of the parts. The first is "FAS-XXXX". This indicates a general fastener classification. The second is "KS7-XXX". This is for parts that are ONLY for the KS7. The last is "KSG-XXX". This designation shows all the KSG parts that are used in the KS7. This is the one that answers your question about which KSG parts fit the KS7.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a reminder. The KS7 exploded view and parts list has three different designations of the parts. The first is "FAS-XXXX". This indicates a general fastener classification. The second is "KS7-XXX". This is for parts that are ONLY for the KS7. The last is "KSG-XXX". This designation shows all the KSG parts that are used in the KS7. This is the one that answers your question about which KSG parts fit the KS7.
That's a huge help Mark, thanks! Enables me to spend more money :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just received my KS7 and have yet to get to the range. But it appears that i would get a much better sight picture and hold if the butt pad extended down and inch or so lower. I realize this may give more muzzle rise but with mini-shells this shouldn't be much of a problem. anyone see any thing like this or have made up something to make the butt pad adjustable?
While i was at KelTec having my KS7 upgraded i mentioned to them that making their extended but plate up and down adjustable would solve a lot of sight picture issues for owners who can't get low enough for a proper sight picture. and the tech had spotted and approved of the dremel work i did to move the front sight over to correct my POI as well as the higher rear sight to move it up. I guess minimal cost kept them from doing a better sight

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.