Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just seen the new KSG 25. It's a long one. Kinda cool but it sorta ( in my humble opinion) defeats the purpose of the whole Bullpup idea. I don't know if I would really want one but Id like to shoot one at least :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought this at first too, but not quite IMO. The KSG25's OAL is 38", which is still shorter than an 8 round 590A1. Keep in mind that this is a 25 round capable gun, or FORTY with minis. That beats the pants off your typical 870 or 590....by three reloads.

From what Ive heard in internet interviews, the real reason for the KSG25 was to increase OAL to satisfy some European countries for import, and the capacity bump is merely a side effect.

Id probably never own one, since I know how awkward it is to run a 40" 590A1 in and around buildings (where you'd actually use a shotgun in a fight), and have fallen in love with the KSG's size, but the concept of having a shot volume equal to that of an AR in a package the same size as your basic 4 shot 870 express is very appealing. If things were reversed, and the KSG25 came out before the standard model.....youd bet it would have instantly replaced my 590A1.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought this at first too, but not quite IMO. The KSG25's OAL is 38", which is still shorter than an 8 round 590A1. Keep in mind that this is a 25 round capable gun, or FORTY with minis. That beats the pants off your typical 870 or 590....by three reloads.
Are mini shells even available any more? Every supplier shows 'out of stock', I'm wondering if Aguila lost interest or had to divert resources elsewhere and left the minis lingering in limbo.

I do wonder how awful the balance would be on this if loaded to capacity (and the total weight!), that's a lot of weight way out front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are mini shells even available any more? Every supplier shows 'out of stock', I'm wondering if Aguila lost interest or had to divert resources elsewhere and left the minis lingering in limbo.

I do wonder how awful the balance would be on this if loaded to capacity (and the total weight!), that's a lot of weight way out front.
My local Cabelas still has them from time to time. Herters (a Cabelas house brand) makes minis too.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I love my KSG but I don't think it will be getting replaced by this one. It's not a terrible idea for some situations but I prefer the shorter length. How heavy is that thing when fully loaded?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Needs a bayonet and it's a pike! I'll stick with the original version. JMO!

Reactions: ATSSNVA

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm wondering if Aguila lost interest or had to divert resources elsewhere and left the minis lingering in limbo.
You'd think Winchester or another manufacturer would see an opening here!!

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
I read somewhere this 25 was at the request of a German Mil/Police request.
Probably for riot control. The initial run was to satisfy this order.
I do agree this is a beast at almost 10 lbs empty. I would like it to lighten up.
Then get a proper ramp and bead.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The weight and balance are fine and manageable. If I didn't already have a pistol grip 500 w/mods for breaching/close quarters/home defense I might have looked at a standard KSG. I think the 25 is more of a riot gun/SHTF weapon. I think with a muzzle break, extended tube selector and a good sling it will be a fine weapon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.