Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
There's only one generation of KS7 currently, it's both too new, and based on the latest KSG revisions in the first place. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sent an email on a Sunday. Got a response on a Tuesday. Recieved a shipping label the next day. Shipped Thursday. Arrived at Kel Tec Monday. Done by Wednesday. Home by Saturday. All in all, good experience.

Service notes:

Updated CTG inner, CTG outer, CTG spring and actuator bar with newest revision.

Replaced stock assembly.

Serviced chamber.

Adjusted swedge.

I sent it in due to shells catching on the lifter arms when cycling. Shot 50 rounds through it today. Did very well. Weapon is serial Q1UXX 1st gen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if mine will need to go into service. I bought a used KS7 last week with Serial Number Q1kxx and got it out to the range on Saturday. First few rounds worked great then I would rack it and no round would go into chamber. Rack again it would work. Then I would have either 2 and up to 5 shells just fall out of magazine tube to the ground. Will Keltec warranty the shotgun if I am the second owner? Thank You.

DSC09136.JPG
DSC09134.JPG
DSC09135.JPG

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is there a way to determine date of manufacture (generation) from a KS7 serial number?
There are no generations of almost any KelTec firearms since they shifted to the "alphanumeric" serial number process. There are changes made on-going but they're done for each individual improvement.

Also the serial number is strictly a serial number: There is zero date-related information included in it. To 'expand' the serial number to the actual number I've built an easy-to-enter website here: https://keltec.wolfwings.us/serial.html

If you don't trust remote websites you're free to download the page and run it offline, it does the minor math entirely in your browser.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are no generations of almost any KelTec firearms since they shifted to the "alphanumeric" serial number process. There are changes made on-going but they're done for each individual improvement.

Also the serial number is strictly a serial number: There is zero date-related information included in it. To 'expand' the serial number to the actual number I've built an easy-to-enter website here: https://keltec.wolfwings.us/serial.html

If you don't trust remote websites you're free to download the page and run it offline, it does the minor math entirely in your browser.
Thank you. I did run the conversion app and it generated a 5 digit number. How does this translate to a date? I was expecting maybe a year followed by either the week of the year or the day of the year. What I got, does not seem to fit standard date codes. What am I missing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Since it's a KS7 it can't be that old.

Kel-Tec gives a life time warranty to the original owner, but apparently only to the original owner.

I'd contact them.
It's possible they'll repair it for free just as a custom service.
If not, you'll have to pay, which with most gun makers is an hourly charge.
There are very few things a gun maker can't correct within an hour.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thank you. I did run the conversion app and it generated a 5 digit number. How does this translate to a date? I was expecting maybe a year followed by either the week of the year or the day of the year. What I got, does not seem to fit standard date codes. What am I missing.
As I said, there is zero date-related information included in it. It's absolutely nothing more than "Yours is the #54321 KS7 ever manufactured."

KelTec can use their daily production numbers to tell you approximately what day it was manufactured on, but it's a firearm not a bratwurst, the specific date doesn't mean much. The KS7 is an INCREDIBLY new line though, KelTec's newest (but built on all the knowledge and improvements to the KSG series, they share a majority of parts in fact), so there's no such thing as a 2-year-old KS7 yet for instance. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I said, there is zero date-related information included in it. It's absolutely nothing more than "Yours is the #54321 KS7 ever manufactured."

KelTec can use their daily production numbers to tell you approximately what day it was manufactured on, but it's a firearm not a bratwurst, the specific date doesn't mean much. The KS7 is an INCREDIBLY new line though, KelTec's newest (but built on all the knowledge and improvements to the KSG series, they share a majority of parts in fact), so there's no such thing as a 2-year-old KS7 yet for instance. :)
Sorry - your point did not sink in until now. Need to improve my reading skills.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry - your point did not sink in until now. Need to improve my reading skills.
Nono, it's quite alright! Folks are used to and ingrained to go "What generation is my X!?" because by far most firearms out there have numerous specific milestone changes.

The KS7 is just a RIDICULOUSLY new platform compared to most especially for it's popularity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FED EX Arrived !!!! KS7 Back from the Mother Ship......
Updated CTG inner, CTG outer, CTG Spring and actuator bar with newest revisions. Replaced bolt assembly, service chamber, adjusted swedge and test fired with no malfunctions.

Mine is also a Gen 1 based on serial number and paperwork. Really pumped that Kel-Tec didn't charge for the service as I am the 2nd owner. It only cost me shipping which is more than fair. Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Shipped out Sept 30th. Arrived in FL on Oct 1st. Back to me Oct 14th. Great Job.

·
Registered
262 Posts
FED EX Arrived !!!! KS7 Back from the Mother Ship......
Updated CTG inner, CTG outer, CTG Spring and actuator bar with newest revisions. Replaced bolt assembly, service chamber, adjusted swedge and test fired with no malfunctions.

Mine is also a Gen 1 based on serial number and paperwork. Really pumped that Kel-Tec didn't charge for the service as I am the 2nd owner. It only cost me shipping which is more than fair. Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Shipped out Sept 30th. Arrived in FL on Oct 1st. Back to me Oct 14th. Great Job.

Excellent. As far as I know though the KS7 only has the one generation.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts