Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The light in the channel is a great idea! It seems to me there is a lot of space beneath the carry handle that Kel-Tec could utilize as well, perhaps they could find a way to mount a light there. Any issues with having the red dot on top of the handle? Seems to me that might be to far above the barrel and it gives the weapon a high profile.
My original idea for the light was to add some rail on the under side of the handle area. While screwing around I noticed my light fit in the channel so I figured I try it out. This will be modified some more but works well for now.

I also thought the dot was too high, perhaps it is if you are going for distance. The longest hall in my house is 25' and is zeroed accordingly. No real need to aim at 10' or less ;) so I feel good about where the dot is set. I can get on target fast and adjust if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the KS7 mostly for its size as I needed something under 30". As badass as this thing is I feel the handle should offer more from all that real-estate.

I sourced a used handle and started to tinker. It's still a work in progress and will change a bit.
I added a top rail for $15, modded the front underside to accommodate a light and added a red dot (smaller one incoming).

I get plenty of light output, tons of rail space and the red dot helps my eyes a lot. I also like being able to keep a slim profile.

This is for home use

View attachment 51574 View attachment 51576
what kind of light did you mount inside the handle? link?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really like how the light is mounted in the carry handle. Also, How does the rail mount in the channel? Can you please show a closeup pic of how you mounted it? Good job overall, the red dot works so much better on the carry handle, doesn’t it? I found the factory sight too low to draw a bead on, but the dot mounted on the handle is perfect, when I pick it up it’s right there in front of me I don’t have to strain. Very quick acquisition.
A few pics of how I mounted. This is still a work in progress as I am sourcing different screws and still need to drill for a center screw.

PhotoCollage_20200919_092344483.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the KS7 mostly for its size as I needed something under 30". As badass as this thing is I feel the handle should offer more from all that real-estate.

I sourced a used handle and started to tinker. It's still a work in progress and will change a bit.
I added a top rail for $15, modded the front underside to accommodate a light and added a red dot (smaller one incoming).

I get plenty of light output, tons of rail space and the red dot helps my eyes a lot. I also like being able to keep a slim profile.

This is for home use

View attachment 51574 View attachment 51576

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

New to KTOG and this thread but was inspired to share pics of my KS7 after looking at all of your great submissions. I'm pretty happy with where I am so far in my build. Originally wanted to also do the MCarbo trigger upgrade (not the spring - seems like too light a pull on a shotgun ) but it's out of stock. Was also going to apply the MCarbo textured grips, but didn't want to before the trigger. Now kind of in a holding pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a few additions!! Have a few more minor ones and I am done. At least until someone makes a vertical grip for the charging handel.
JPEG_20201029_093133_3295093523097761443.jpg
JPEG_20201029_093207_1388333032135825282.jpg
JPEG_20201029_093241_7372700689101254157.jpg

41 - 58 of 58 Posts