Registered
10 Posts
Hi-tech custom muzzle brake
Olight BALDR Pro laser/flashlight combo
MCarbo neoprene pad
Hi-tech custom velcro ammo carrier
Extended butt pad plus Limbsaver
Also have hi-vis follower

Will install aluminum trigger and light spring set probably next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Official KS7 Picture Thread

Pictures and brief descriptions of the gun you posted only - NO DISCUSSION, so it stays lean and mean, and a good place to browse, sort of the online version of a KS7 coffee table book.

If a mod or accessory looks interesting and you have a question or you'd like to discuss it, PM the poster with your question or start a new thread with a link pointing here so the picture thread doesn't get hijacked. Thanks.

Can't wait to see all the great KS7 pics.

154 Posts
Ok in the post above where I said I’m done accessorizing, I lied. I wanted to keep the existing carry handle but because the (factory) sight picture was already too low & uncomfortable, I had to strain to put the stock in the pocket of my shoulder and line the sight up. (I guess my neck is too long) and replacing it with just the KT rail would have made it even lower. I needed to raise it. So I mounted a AR15 style old school carry handle rail on the KS7 carry handle (slight modification required) and mounted a mini red dot. Raised it up, I like it this way. It’s so much easier and faster to acquire the target without straining. I mean like it’s just right there. So there’s the 300 lm light and green laser combo, and the red dot, the quick disconnect sling, and mlok slot covers. Clean simple effective functional. Now I’m done. And happy. Thanks KelTec
Update: upgraded the red dot sight to a better model.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I finally have mine pretty much the way I want. Additions:
KelTec:
KS7-1142 Picatinny rail kit
KSG Extended buttpad
KS7-511 aluminum follower
Mcarbo KS7 QD single point sling kit
HiTech Howitzer 70 muzzle brake
Holosun HS403B red dot
Olight PL2 1200 lumen weapon light
Flip up co-witness sights from a Ruger SR22 (10/22 "tacticool"-ized rifle)

With the red dot in the center of the field of view of the Holosun, the light bezel is just discernible at the very bottom of the field of view. The light is below the line of the flip-up sights, which are near the bottom of the Holosun field of view (perhaps below the 1/3 line)
For a single point sling attachment, the Mcarbo replaces the front pin of the trigger group, and the weapon sits well, pointing down and slightly behind me if I let it drop to the side. My goal was to not add any thickness to the layout, thus no side-mounted lights or shell carriers. I need to add some neroprene or other tape to the seam at the front of the forearm, the last time I took it out shooting, less than 100 rounds had ground away the skin on my knuckle enough to start bleeding pretty good. I would have like to have found a Sig Romeo5 XDR that has the 2 MOA dot and the 60 MOA ring, but I came across the Holosun locally at a non-gouging price point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
(Updated after removal of carry handle)
1. Range bag
2. Kel Tec picatinny rail
3. Crimsom Trace Tac light mounted on Midwest Industries Offset Mount
4. Kel Tec extended butt pad
5. Sig Sauer Romeo 5XDR red dot
6. Magpul back up sights
7. Trigger grip cap
8. Hi viz follower

range bag.jpg

KS7 side view 9-3-20.jpg
pistol grip cap.jpg
hi viz follower.jpg
KS7 front view 9-3-20.jpg
ks7 rear view 9-3-20.jpg

154 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
She’s complete.. for now..

I may go with the Hi Tech Extended Picatinny rail with some flip ups and a red dot in the future. But, for now, I’m loving the carry handle! Plus, i already spent wayy too much on this darn thing.

Mods list:

• HiLight P3XL 300 light/laser combo (Highly Recommend as an economical yet quality option)

• M Lock Aluminum Cantilever Rail/Light Mount (Recommend for getting the light/laser forward for no shadowing)

• Kel-Tec hi vis follower (Feels Better than the original white plastic piece)

• Limbsaver Airtek Slip on Recoil pad (Game changer)

• Hogue Glock Grip (Nice Custom feel, could cause space issues for larger fingers/hands)

• Magpul MS4 Dual QD Sling Gen2 (Loving the versatility)

• Hi Tech CC Neoprene Cheek Rest w/ 7 Shell Velcro Card (Great for the cheek situation)

• QD Single Point Sling Mount

• M Lock QD Sling Mount

• Hi Tech CC Howitzer 70 Muzzle Brake (Not sure how much it’s helping over the limb-saver, but it sure does look great)

IMG_6513.jpg
IMG_6515.jpg
IMG_6517.jpg
IMG_6524.jpg
IMG_6528.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Forgot to mention, I added a little foam weather stripping to the hand stop (i think that’s what you’d call it) portion of the pump action. The tip of my thumb was getting rocked by the recoil as it rested just on or behind the stop. It’s definitely helped - recommended if you’ve had the same issue.

You can see it in this picture:

IMG_6524.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the KS7 mostly for its size as I needed something under 30". As badass as this thing is I feel the handle should offer more from all that real-estate.

I sourced a used handle and started to tinker. It's still a work in progress and will change a bit.
I added a top rail for $15, modded the front underside to accommodate a light and added a red dot (smaller one incoming).

I get plenty of light output, tons of rail space and the red dot helps my eyes a lot. I also like being able to keep a slim profile.

This is for home use

20200918_085823.jpg
PhotoCollage_20200918_090124834.jpg

154 Posts
I got the KS7 mostly for its size as I needed something under 30". As badass as this thing is I feel the handle should offer more from all that real-estate.

I sourced a used handle and started to tinker. It's still a work in progress and will change a bit.
I added a top rail for $15, modded the front underside to accommodate a light and added a red dot (smaller one incoming).

I get plenty of light output, tons of rail space and the red dot helps my eyes a lot. I also like being able to keep a slim profile.

This is for home use

View attachment 51574 View attachment 51576
I really like how the light is mounted in the carry handle. Also, How does the rail mount in the channel? Can you please show a closeup pic of how you mounted it? Good job overall, the red dot works so much better on the carry handle, doesn’t it? I found the factory sight too low to draw a bead on, but the dot mounted on the handle is perfect, when I pick it up it’s right there in front of me I don’t have to strain. Very quick acquisition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The light in the channel is a great idea! It seems to me there is a lot of space beneath the carry handle that Kel-Tec could utilize as well, perhaps they could find a way to mount a light there. Any issues with having the red dot on top of the handle? Seems to me that might be to far above the barrel and it gives the weapon a high profile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really like how the light is mounted in the carry handle. Also, How does the rail mount in the channel? Can you please show a closeup pic of how you mounted it? Good job overall, the red dot works so much better on the carry handle, doesn’t it? I found the factory sight too low to draw a bead on, but the dot mounted on the handle is perfect, when I pick it up it’s right there in front of me I don’t have to strain. Very quick acquisition.
I also struggled with the factory sight. No more broken neck trying to aim lol. I'm still working the the rail attachment. I removed the yellow FO and drilled a hole since the FO mount is already centered. I dropped in the rail I purchased and screwed in the front. This held it securely and allowed me to center the rear to then drill a hole. I need to add 1 more to the center but will have to drill a hole in the rail also. It's solid as is but prefer 3 screws on such a long rail. This is the rail I got from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LQ9UNU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The underside is beveled and sits almost perfect in the U channel of the handle. I'll post some close ups when I get home. My original idea was to cut the U down leaving it flat and then mount the rail but when I test fit the rail it fit almost perfect so this works for now.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts