KS7 Pictures Thread - Show & Tell (NO DISCUSSION)

Discussion in 'KS7 Bullpup Shotgun' started by Liberty4Ever, Feb 24, 2019.

1. rs_worthington@ yahoo.com

[email protected] yahoo.com Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2020
    EE9E311C-64A4-4A47-A815-4F4F8FD89CD4.jpeg I’m done accessorizing. Except for some mlock covers. Sling holds 15 rnds, Rechargeable 300 lumen light and green laser combo, all cleaned and lubed, and that’s it. Real simple. Shoots great. Thank you KelTec

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  2. Andrae

Andrae Member

Apr 20, 2020
    Hi-tech custom muzzle brake
    Olight BALDR Pro laser/flashlight combo
    MCarbo neoprene pad
    Hi-tech custom velcro ammo carrier
    Extended butt pad plus Limbsaver
    Also have hi-vis follower

Will install aluminum trigger and light spring set probably next week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020

3. John Ski

John Ski Member

Apr 14, 2020
    New to keltec and loving the ks7! Topped with the keltec rail kit, firefield mini reflex red dot, firefield charge green laser, m-loks and magpul two point sling. Irons are leftovers i wasnt using from springfield armory.

Attached Files:

4. socrates

socrates Active Member

Aug 20, 2019
    1033 (1)~2.jpg
    KelTec rail with Holosun 510C-GR, aluminum hi-viz follower, extended buttpad. Ran a box of minishell slugs through it today with deadly accuracy and zero problems. Too much fun.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    John Ski and Leviathan58651 like this.
  5. Ed in Pompano

Ed in Pompano Member

Jun 18, 2020

6. Ed in Pompano

Ed in Pompano Member

Jun 18, 2020
    New to the page. My new toy. Love shooting the mini slugs!

Attached Files:

7. rs_worthington@ yahoo.com

Apr 20, 2020
    Ok in the post above where I said I’m done accessorizing, I lied. I wanted to keep the existing carry handle but because the (factory) sight picture was already too low & uncomfortable, I had to strain to put the stock in the pocket of my shoulder and line the sight up. (I guess my neck is too long) and replacing it with just the KT rail would have made it even lower. I needed to raise it. So I mounted a AR15 style old school carry handle rail on the KS7 carry handle (slight modification required) and mounted a mini red dot. Raised it up, I like it this way. It’s so much easier and faster to acquire the target without straining. I mean like it’s just right there. So there’s the 300 lm light and green laser combo, and the red dot, the quick disconnect sling, and mlok slot covers. Clean simple effective functional. Now I’m done. And happy. Thanks KelTec
    Update: upgraded the red dot sight to a better model.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    WolfWings likes this.
  8. Gliderguy

Gliderguy Member

Jan 28, 2020
    I think I finally have mine pretty much the way I want. Additions:
    KelTec:
    KS7-1142 Picatinny rail kit
    KSG Extended buttpad
    KS7-511 aluminum follower
    Mcarbo KS7 QD single point sling kit
    HiTech Howitzer 70 muzzle brake
    Holosun HS403B red dot
    Olight PL2 1200 lumen weapon light
    Flip up co-witness sights from a Ruger SR22 (10/22 "tacticool"-ized rifle)

With the red dot in the center of the field of view of the Holosun, the light bezel is just discernible at the very bottom of the field of view. The light is below the line of the flip-up sights, which are near the bottom of the Holosun field of view (perhaps below the 1/3 line)
    For a single point sling attachment, the Mcarbo replaces the front pin of the trigger group, and the weapon sits well, pointing down and slightly behind me if I let it drop to the side. My goal was to not add any thickness to the layout, thus no side-mounted lights or shell carriers. I need to add some neroprene or other tape to the seam at the front of the forearm, the last time I took it out shooting, less than 100 rounds had ground away the skin on my knuckle enough to start bleeding pretty good. I would have like to have found a Sig Romeo5 XDR that has the 2 MOA dot and the 60 MOA ring, but I came across the Holosun locally at a non-gouging price point.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  9. tstetz

tstetz Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Nothing fancy, but here's mine. I wanted OD Green but black was in stock!

[​IMG]

10. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Chicago
    (Updated after removal of carry handle)
    1. Range bag
    2. Kel Tec picatinny rail
    3. Crimsom Trace Tac light mounted on Midwest Industries Offset Mount
    4. Kel Tec extended butt pad
    5. Sig Sauer Romeo 5XDR red dot
    6. Magpul back up sights
    7. Trigger grip cap
    8. Hi viz follower

range bag.jpg
    KS7 side view 9-3-20.jpg pistol grip cap.jpg hi viz follower.jpg KS7 front view 9-3-20.jpg ks7 rear view 9-3-20.jpg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    WGJ likes this.
  11. rs_worthington@ yahoo.com

Apr 20, 2020
    WGJ likes this.
  12. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Chicago
  13. WGJ

WGJ Member

Jul 23, 2020
    She’s complete.. for now..

I may go with the Hi Tech Extended Picatinny rail with some flip ups and a red dot in the future. But, for now, I’m loving the carry handle! Plus, i already spent wayy too much on this darn thing.

Mods list:

• HiLight P3XL 300 light/laser combo (Highly Recommend as an economical yet quality option)

• M Lock Aluminum Cantilever Rail/Light Mount (Recommend for getting the light/laser forward for no shadowing)

• Kel-Tec hi vis follower (Feels Better than the original white plastic piece)

• Limbsaver Airtek Slip on Recoil pad (Game changer)

• Hogue Glock Grip (Nice Custom feel, could cause space issues for larger fingers/hands)

• Magpul MS4 Dual QD Sling Gen2 (Loving the versatility)

• Hi Tech CC Neoprene Cheek Rest w/ 7 Shell Velcro Card (Great for the cheek situation)

• QD Single Point Sling Mount

• M Lock QD Sling Mount

• Hi Tech CC Howitzer 70 Muzzle Brake (Not sure how much it’s helping over the limb-saver, but it sure does look great)

IMG_6513.jpg IMG_6515.jpg IMG_6517.jpg IMG_6524.jpg IMG_6528.jpg

14. WGJ

WGJ Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Forgot to mention, I added a little foam weather stripping to the hand stop (i think that’s what you’d call it) portion of the pump action. The tip of my thumb was getting rocked by the recoil as it rested just on or behind the stop. It’s definitely helped - recommended if you’ve had the same issue.

You can see it in this picture:

IMG_6524.jpg

Yjmebs and Gary Castro like this.
  15. DVGKS7

DVGKS7 Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I like this loadout with the VISM by NcSTAR carry handle, how is all holding up since you added it?

Thanks

16. Yjmebs

Yjmebs Member

Aug 28, 2020
    I got the KS7 mostly for its size as I needed something under 30". As badass as this thing is I feel the handle should offer more from all that real-estate.

I sourced a used handle and started to tinker. It's still a work in progress and will change a bit.
    I added a top rail for $15, modded the front underside to accommodate a light and added a red dot (smaller one incoming).

I get plenty of light output, tons of rail space and the red dot helps my eyes a lot. I also like being able to keep a slim profile.

This is for home use

20200918_085823.jpg PhotoCollage_20200918_090124834.jpg

17. rs_worthington@ yahoo.com

Apr 20, 2020
    I really like how the light is mounted in the carry handle. Also, How does the rail mount in the channel? Can you please show a closeup pic of how you mounted it? Good job overall, the red dot works so much better on the carry handle, doesn’t it? I found the factory sight too low to draw a bead on, but the dot mounted on the handle is perfect, when I pick it up it’s right there in front of me I don’t have to strain. Very quick acquisition.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020 at 10:11 AM
    WGJ and Yjmebs like this.
  18. ChicagoKel-Tec

ChicagoKel-Tec Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Chicago
    The light in the channel is a great idea! It seems to me there is a lot of space beneath the carry handle that Kel-Tec could utilize as well, perhaps they could find a way to mount a light there. Any issues with having the red dot on top of the handle? Seems to me that might be to far above the barrel and it gives the weapon a high profile.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020 at 10:09 AM
    Yjmebs likes this.
  19. Yjmebs

Yjmebs Member

Aug 28, 2020
    I also struggled with the factory sight. No more broken neck trying to aim lol. I'm still working the the rail attachment. I removed the yellow FO and drilled a hole since the FO mount is already centered. I dropped in the rail I purchased and screwed in the front. This held it securely and allowed me to center the rear to then drill a hole. I need to add 1 more to the center but will have to drill a hole in the rail also. It's solid as is but prefer 3 screws on such a long rail. This is the rail I got from Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LQ9UNU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The underside is beveled and sits almost perfect in the U channel of the handle. I'll post some close ups when I get home. My original idea was to cut the U down leaving it flat and then mount the rail but when I test fit the rail it fit almost perfect so this works for now.