Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Buy a NEW better grade Allen wrench and make sure it's fully seated in the screw.
Push down HARD as you unscrew it. I'm not sure but Kel-Tec possibly used Loctite on the screws.

Rounding out of the bolt head or the Allen wrench is why I hate small Allen head screws.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buy a NEW better grade Allen wrench and make sure it's fully seated in the screw.
Push down HARD as you unscrew it. I'm not sure but Kel-Tec possibly used Loctite on the screws.

Rounding out of the bolt head or the Allen wrench is why I hate small Allen head screws.
I did. The first allen i used was brand new. No matter how hard i pushed it wouldnt budge.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The options are..........
Apply a soldering iron to the screw head to melt the Loctite but NOT melt the plastic handle, unscrew the screw quickly before the Loctite solidifies.

Grind or drill the screw heads off, remove the handle then grip the threaded stubs with a GOOD Vise-grip and unscrew them.
You can grind the heads off with a Dremel tool and stones, or If you're careful, you can stone them off by hand.

Carefully stone flats on the sides of the screw heads, then use a GOOD Vise-grip to unscrew them.

Thoroughly degrease the screw head and Allen hole, get a good Allen wrench and degrease it, and use a one-hour epoxy to glue the Allen wrench in and on the screw head. Allow to fully cure and unscrew it.

Attempt to press a SAE Allen wrench in the Metric screw.

Stone a small screwdriver bit so it can be tapped into the screw hole with a small hammer, unscrew it.

Send the gun back to Kel-Tec and have them remove them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The options are..........
Apply a soldering iron to the screw head to melt the Loctite but NOT melt the plastic handle, unscrew the screw quickly before the Loctite solidifies.

Grind or drill the screw heads off, remove the handle then grip the threaded stubs with a GOOD Vise-grip and unscrew them.
You can grind the heads off with a Dremel tool and stones, or If you're careful, you can stone them off by hand.

Carefully stone flats on the sides of the screw heads, then use a GOOD Vise-grip to unscrew them.

Thoroughly degrease the screw head and Allen hole, get a good Allen wrench and degrease it, and use a one-hour epoxy to glue the Allen wrench in and on the screw head. Allow to fully cure and unscrew it.

Attempt to press a SAE Allen wrench in the Metric screw.

Stone a small screwdriver bit so it can be tapped into the screw hole with a small hammer, unscrew it.

Send the gun back to Kel-Tec and have them remove them.
These are good ideas. I an going to definitely try the soldering iron idea! Thank you. I still have not heard back from kel tec about it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts