1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Liquid Fluid Drinkware Cylinder
Drinkware Cup Coffee cup sleeve Liquid Font

Hey everyone!

I'm back again with another mod for my lovely KS7. Not really a mod, but a custom-made accessory. It is a 6-round shell holder, with some added features.

Why Magnets?
Shotguns are mostly side-loaded or bottom loaded, and if you don't want to flip the gun over, it is generally more natural to have the hand pull out the shell downwards instead of upwards. This is especially the case for the KS7: you don't have to flip the gun to reload, and the hand movement of pulling shells from the holder downwards and insert into the magazine tube is very natural. Therefore, you cannot rely on the rim to keep the shell from falling out.

Under recoil, any friction fit can get shaken loose for a split second and eventually drop the shell, or if it's too tight then you will waste a longer time to pull out the shell. With magnets, even if there is a small gap between the clip and the shell due to vibration/recoil, it will still hold it for you and it won't drop.

The studs can hold a D6x3 round magnet. If you do not put the magnets in, it will act as a regular friction fit shell holder and the studs would be
limiter that prevents shells from fully going in, leaving more space for your finger to pull the shells.

How to attach it to a gun?

Its flat back is designed for attaching velcro to the back so you can quickly swap once a full clip is used up and get another full clip of 6 rounds, or you could directly glue it onto your gun or drill a hole to screw it on.

So far I've been testing it for ~100 rounds and it's been holding up okay. I will be printing it with more durable materials too. If anyone wants one but dont have access to a printer, you could also contact me and I may be able to print one for you. Not really intending to mass-sell it, but I would love to hear more feedback from more users so I could improve it.

Handwriting Rectangle Font Line Parallel

Automotive tire Cylinder Font Circle Auto part
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Nice job.

I just found out that I may be the last person on the planet to find out that they switched to steel bases years ago.

That's what I get for living under a rock.

Reactions: ARA

·
Registered
375 Posts
^^^Holy cow, me too!
Brass plated steel?
Sneaky bastards.

As to the magnetic shell holders, lining the inner surface of the shell holders with rubber would do as well and would work with low "brass" shells as well as high "brass" shells.

Also, there remain on the market a number of shotgun shells that still use brass: the Winchester AA line, Federal Gold Medal, and Remington STS and Nitro shells.

·
Registered
Kaboom!
2 Posts
Very cool design!
What about extending the tabs that have the magnets? To just past the rim of the shell with a very small notch or lip that hooks on the edge of the rim? That sould complement the magnets for extra security if somebody dropped their shotgun on a hard surface. Or for use with non steel shells. If you were to use three fingers (thumb, index, & middle) to grab a shell, the extra finger would be for lightly pushing the tab away from the rim of the shell. However, the clearance between each shell and with the weapon, might be a problem depending on where the tabs are located at. Regardless, I think you have a winner with your design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts