Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with mine it will not fire can anybody help me with this issue

·
Registered
942 Posts
Care to tell us more? Ammo in the mag tube? Slide racked back and ammo in the chamber? Sorry, but with no more than what you gave we have to ask, "Is it plugged in?" sort of questions. Lots of people come here and know zip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a brand new KS7 also, Wife fired it first, shot about 15 rounds through it and it stopped firing. To me, when I pull the trigger, it feels like the safety is ON, yet it is not.

Anything like this concerns me because I buy a gun and expect it to work. I am a multi Kel Tec owner.

I will have to view videos for take apart procedures as I've never torn one apart. I also plan on submitting a ticket to KelTec. If anyone has any good videos to recommend, please let me know.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The only one I know of is the video on the M-Carbo site showing how to install their trigger kit.........

I will warn you that disassembly is not bad, but assembly can be VERY difficult.
As is usual with gun makers, Kel-Tec uses assembly jigs to position and hold things in place and working without those can be a bear since the spring loaded parts don't stay in place well, and trying to get the parts aligned so the grip frame can be closed together is a real bear.
There is a chance of damaging the plastic frame halves, and that voids the warranty.

Personally I'd contact Kel-Tec and find out if you can just send in the trigger group and not the whole gun.
If you do send in the gun itself, that may be good since the factory will closely inspect it and replace or adjust anything the tech thinks needs it.

Bottom line: You paid for a good gun. Let them correct it on their dime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only one I know of is the video on the M-Carbo site showing how to install their trigger kit.........

I will warn you that disassembly is not bad, but assembly can be VERY difficult.
As is usual with gun makers, Kel-Tec uses assembly jigs to position and hold things in place and working without those can be a bear since the spring loaded parts don't stay in place well, and trying to get the parts aligned so the grip frame can be closed together is a real bear.
There is a chance of damaging the plastic frame halves, and that voids the warranty.

Personally I'd contact Kel-Tec and find out if you can just send in the trigger group and not the whole gun.
If you do send in the gun itself, that may be good since the factory will closely inspect it and replace or adjust anything the tech thinks needs it.

Bottom line: You paid for a good gun. Let them correct it on their dime.
EXCELLENT!! Thanks much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts