Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well it seems that K-T bought the lemon orchid. Their ideas seem great on paper, but when it comes to manufacturing, they can not execute it at all. their quality control and materials are very subpar. I have said this many times too many people , I do want K-T to succeed, but it’s going to take the consumers demanding better quality control, better materials and a much higher quality in manufacturing.
I see this regurgitated all the damn time. ALL MANUFACTURERS PRODUCE LEMONS. Don’t like kel tec? Do not buy them then! Better yet, why even be on this forum?
Pretending only kel tecs have issues is straight up ****in stupid.

·
Registered
613 Posts
When you manufacture thousands of anything a certain percentage will have problems.
ALL gun makers turn out factory defects.

Ask me about the time a customer brought in a brand new $10,000 dollar Rolex watch that wouldn't run.

Some people get bit by a brand of gun and are forever down on the brand. They'll endlessly tell people what junk they are, often based on a single purchase.
A man who worked in a quality control operation told me that a dissatisfied customer on average complains to 15 people.

Kel-Tec has in the past had a reputation of making unique designs that failed in the quality of manufacture.
It appears that with the latest models like the KS7 and bullpup rifles they're correcting the quality problems.
All I can say is that my KSG and especially my KS7 are flawless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
When you manufacture thousands of anything a certain percentage will have problems.
ALL gun makers turn out factory defects.

Ask me about the time a customer brought in a brand new $10,000 dollar Rolex watch that wouldn't run.

Some people get bit by a brand of gun and are forever down on the brand. They'll endlessly tell people what junk they are, often based on a single purchase.
A man who worked in a quality control operation told me that a dissatisfied customer on average complains to 15 people.

Kel-Tec has in the past had a reputation of making unique designs that failed in the quality of manufacture.
It appears that with the latest models like the KS7 and bullpup rifles they're correcting the quality problems.
All I can say is that my KSG and especially my KS7 are flawless.
My ks7 is better in every single way than both the 500 and the 870s being made. I remember when kel tecs were unfindable and expensive when you did,combine that with qc issues and you find people who will forever hate that brand and let everyone know about it.
calling it fact is about as honest as the guys video i originally posted. Thats a literal bias.

·
Banned
14 Posts
My ks7 is better in every single way than both the 500 and the 870s being made. I remember when kel tecs were unfindable and expensive when you did,combine that with qc issues and you find people who will forever hate that brand and let everyone know about it.
calling it fact is about as honest as the guys video i originally posted. Thats a literal bias.
Your ks7 is better in every way than a 500 or 870?
Never

·
Registered
358 Posts
He is not biased at all. Sorry you can’t take the truth that Kel-Tec manufactures junk.
Um, not sure where you got that from. If you actually watch his videos - which clearly you don't - you'd know that he's done this with more than just Kel Tec. He did the same thing with Ruger, Springfield, and Hi Point.

As far as my feelings on Kel Tec, well... I think I've made my displeasure with the KS7 very clear here on more than one occasion. And being a KS7 owner - one of the first, BTW - I know damn well that it doesn't fall apart like he claims in his video.

·
Banned
14 Posts
@ML45, do you own a KS7? If so, show us a photo, please.
If not, have you ever fired a KS7? If so, how many rounds?
A KS7 is a just a crappier KSG. I owned a KSG. That thing was constantly jamming and constantly breaking. It was the biggest piece of crap of a gun that anyone could own. Believe me when I tell you I really really really wanted to love that gun, but it was just so unreliable that it was just very frustrating to shoot. I put a lot of money into accessory’s and I put a lot of time and effort to get it to work correctly and when I got it somewhat
working correctly the bolt carrier decides to disintegrate and that was the last straw for me. It is just a very cheaply made weapon.
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Recreation

Black Automotive tire Grey Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Grey Grille

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Rectangle Road surface

Picture frame Textile Wood Grey Bottle

·
Registered
378 Posts
1. One bad experience with one gun does not condemn the manufacturer's whole product line. That should be obvious.
2. As is well documented, the KS7 was designed with lessons learned from the KSG.
3. You apparently have no first-hand experience with the KS7. Your opinions on the KS7 therefore lack any factual or experiential basis. You are trolling here.
4. Your experience and opinions about the KSG might be appropriate on the KSG portion of the KTOG forum, but they are not appropriate here.

Take it to heart.

·
Banned
14 Posts
1. One bad experience with one gun does not condemn the manufacturer's whole product line. That should be obvious.
2. As is well documented, the KS7 was designed with lessons learned from the KSG.
3. You apparently have no first-hand experience with the KS7. Your opinions on the KS7 therefore lack any factual or experiential basis. You are trolling here.
4. Your experience and opinions about the KSG might be appropriate on the KSG portion of the KTOG forum, but they are not appropriate here.

Take it to heart.
Kel-Tec guns as a whole are turds. Until you finally admit it and demand a better product from them, you will keep getting turds.

·
Administrator
31,552 Posts
Kel-Tec guns as a whole are turds.
Hmm... I own a dozen KelTecs going back to the 90s, all of which work quite well, thank you. It's a big internet. Find someplace else to troll.

Reactions: dfariswheel and ARA

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Too funny! I find it amusing that someone would try to convince me of the error of my ways. BJK, don't believe your lying experience! Believe my experience instead! People are supposed to be gaslighted and then find the truth if at all and not the other way around. Gaslighting works better that way. Now if it was said that this is what happened to mine and the broad brush wasn't used it would be believable and frankly no one could refute it.

My KS7 works fine and I expect it to continue that way as long as I use it appropriately. Maybe I won't remove parts and expect it to hold together, that would be a good start. Lots of plastic and I doubt that I can abuse it, but I don't intend to. I do wish I was more reliable (or was it the gun?) with short shells, but we have an incompatibility with those shells wherever the fault lies.

My RDB, the same goes for it; I won't abuse it. It did have an issue with an internal part almost immediately, but that was taken care of with no issues since that one repair. Maybe they'd have fewer owner issues if they ran a few mags through each gun before shipping them out, but that costs $ and that would be passed on. So for the few lemons found later they ship them and let us find them. Then they take care of the problems. It's not my process, but obviously economical for KT to handle it that way. It can't be a huge issue, but this forum hears all about it.

My CP33, the same goes for it, it works fine and I don't abuse it.

Battle rifles are made but KT doesn't make any IMO. Oh, the M16/M4? I never abused it either due to the IMO frail parts it's made from. There's a reason it was called a Matty Mattel rifle 50 years ago. Esp' the plastic furniture on my M16A1 back then was crap.

I did recently sell an 870 that was at least 45 years old that was wood and steel and it was one heck of a shotgun even if it was long. It was better than the KS7 for that reason (being steel and wood). But what was written was todays 870s, and not having seen a recent one I can't judge. I do know that when my 870 went to the LGS to be sold everyone was surprised that it took so long to sell since it was a tank and many guns just aren't built that way today. It was precisely because it was steel, wood, and long, that I sold it and bought a short light KS7.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Kel-Tec guns are absolute junk..........
My new Kel-Tec firearm (I don't know if it's a rifle, pistol, or shotgun) is defective trash.
When I pull the trigger thingy it makes a sudden very loud noise, it jerks, and holes appear in things in the room.
The gun is so poorly made that after making that odd sound my cat exploded and fell over dead.

Don't buy a Kel-Tec, of all the hundreds of thousands they've made not a single one was any good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Kel-Tec guns are absolute junk..........
My new Kel-Tec firearm (I don't know if it's a rifle, pistol, or shotgun) is defective trash.
When I pull the trigger thingy it makes a sudden very loud noise, it jerks, and holes appear in things in the room.
The gun is so poorly made that after making that odd sound my cat exploded and fell over dead.

Don't buy a Kel-Tec, of all the hundreds of thousands they've made not a single one was any good.
Sir, I wonder if you would be willing to analyze the troll's photos and make a forensic assessment as to whether those photos indicate that the weapon in question was abused.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts