Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had their ks7 fall apart? I saw an honest outlaw review and it literally falls apart in his hands? Why would it do that? What round counts has everyone seen through theres?

Edit:
its at the 6:00 mark. He grabs the carry handle and yanks the entire barrel off

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds not an issue in both the ksg and ks7. I would suggest you download thier manual to look at the schematic. See how the barrel is attached and secured to the weapon.
Unless he loosened the barrel nut there really isnt a way i could think of how that happened. Then there is the mag tube cap that is screw down.
Those barrel nuts are very difficult to get loose. In fact most people use impact driver to get them loose.

I cant address the jam. Just spit balling. hey may have short stroked the gun.

I have previously watched some of his videos before for reference .

After seeing that video makes me doubt the validity of his some of his content.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds not an issue in both the ksg and ks7. I would suggest you download thier manual to look at the schematic. See how the barrel is attached and secured to the weapon.
Unless he loosened the barrel nut there really isnt a way i could think of how that happened. Then there is the mag tube cap that is screw down.
Those barrel nuts are very difficult to get loose. In fact most people use impact driver to get them loose.

I cant address the jam. Just spit balling. hey may have short stroked the gun.

I have previously watched some of his videos before for reference .

After seeing that video makes me doubt the validity of his some of his content.
I am very familiar with it(have assembled and reassembled it a few times)?and i also cant see how that could be possible. I CANT BUDGE MY BARREL NUT lol so no muzzle break for me.
I believe he just hates kel tec and did it for clout. He claimed it only lasted 15 rounds lol. I posted this here due to a reddit discussion calling the ks7 “junk that will fall apart in your hands like honest outlaw reviews”. Also,i have cycled tons of rounds and it always feeds and ejects correctly even upside down or on its side.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Just for clarity i have included a pic of the nose of my barrel. I replace barrel nut with choke
You can see that the choke and magazine tube cap tight down on a retaining collar on the barrel. Both of those would have to come off before barrel can be removed.

Camera lens Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh i stopped using reddit. I found allot of people to be kind of closed minded and argumentative just for the sake of doing so. Very unpleasant experience.
That has been my experience as well. Insanely toxic with a very limited amount of useful information. This is one of those things that gets spouted off as fact on there though.

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
Haters gonna hate.

This review is comparable to putting diesel fuel in a 4WD Tacoma, smashing it into a guard rail and complaining that it's an unreliable piece of junk. This transcends operator error and looks more like deliberate abuse to make a pre-determined point.

This is the down side of YouTube, and social media in general. On YouTube, content creators are chasing clicks and they get there with click bait titles such as "5 Guns You Shouldn't Buy", and click bait thumbnail images, and snarky extreme opinions, in this case apparently to the point of deliberate sabotage to make the video he wanted to make. I watch a lot of gun videos and had never seen his videos, and after this, I'll steer clear of his channel. I don't need the hate, misinformation and drama. Whether I'm looking for firearms information or entertainment, or usually a combination of both, there are plenty of much better channels on YouTube. Sadly, people who don't know better will watch his videos and will know even less. On the the plus side, maybe his Kel-Tec hate will allow me to buy Kel-Tec firearms at closer to their MSRP.

My KS7 kicks like a mule but it cycles reliably. It's one of those designs that's as simple as it can be but no simpler. Through the appropriate use of materials, it manages to be lightweight but tough and reliable.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Agreed with each of your statements. I remember when hickok45 was about the only you tube channel to watch. Not really opinionated just a shooting demo. Then the platform became flooded. Unfortunately now we get a ton of stuff trying to sell goods. Now its difficult to find information instead of sales pitches.
A gun can only truely be reviewed after extended use demonstrating its quirks, benifits and capabilities.
Let the haters on reddit hate. I have found any attempt to contradict and inform futile.
Its an unfortunate byproduct of the social media phenomenon. People reinforce their ill informed notions in a like minded bubble. Odd how with the convenience and access to all this information people dont perform due diligence. Then again i am sure that advertiser's are fully aware
They spoon feed the masses the pabulum they desire. No real profit or clicks in the mundane truth.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Same thing with the coronavirus pandemic. One guy posts an ill-informed or simply ignorant video, a thousand people watch just portions of it, and suddenly the Internet is populated with nasty opinionated amateur virologists, epidemiologists, and vaccinologists who can't tell the difference between science, politics, and religion.

Our state assemblyman's wife worked at the courthouse, believed what she saw online, told me eyeball to eyeball that she'd never get the vaccine, and died of COVID-19. This was supposed to be the Information Age, but it's turned out to be the Propaganda Age.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The fact of the internet is that ANYONE can post ANYTHING and you have no way to know if they know what they're talking about, or if they're some kid in his mom's basement and doesn't actually own a real gun.
In the early days of the KSG there were many videos "proving" the gun was junk, in which you could clearly see the "expert" shooter short stroking it or fumbling trigger reset and claiming the gun was defective.

I seldom ever look at internet videos but have seen some outrageous junk
One "expert" shows how to disassemble a Colt original Python by using a hardware store screwdriver to remove screws, prying off the side plate, and recommends barrel removal using a pair of wire pliers to unscrew it.

In the above video, clearly they removed the magazine cap and magazine spring attempting to clear a user induced stoppage.
That's the only way the barrel could separate from the magazine assembly.
This wasn't helped much by the clear alteration of the barrel retainer by cutting the lower section out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The fact of the internet is that ANYONE can post ANYTHING and you have no way to know if they know what they're talking about, or if they're some kid in his mom's basement and doesn't actually own a real gun.
In the early days of the KSG there were many videos "proving" the gun was junk, in which you could clearly see the "expert" shooter short stroking it or fumbling trigger reset and claiming the gun was defective.

I seldom ever look at internet videos but have seen some outrageous junk
One "expert" shows how to disassemble a Colt original Python by using a hardware store screwdriver to remove screws, prying off the side plate, and recommends barrel removal using a pair of wire pliers to unscrew it.

In the above video, clearly they removed the magazine cap and magazine spring attempting to clear a user induced stoppage.
That's the only way the barrel could separate from the magazine assembly.
This wasn't helped much by the clear alteration of the barrel retainer by cutting the lower section out.
I think i am wrong about the barrel retainer being cut. Youtube released a feature allowing the zooming of video. Why would they pretend the gun fell apart when the manual shows thats exactly how its supposed to come apart?
Font Office supplies Trigger Auto part Metal

·
Registered
34 Posts
All I know is that unless I see some serious firearms industry experience, military, law enforcement background like Jim Cirillo, or uber competitive shooter experience like Jerry Miculek, it's just a person with some guns, an opinion and content produced for clicks. Always tell my wife, if they are on YouTube with a Patreon account and a lot of videos, they are an entertainer first tap dancing for viewers. Yes, there are some legit people but it's easier to find out on your own.

Rather call guys like Marty (retired now) at the Kel Tec factory for real information. There are too many wannabe's on YouTube playing fake commando's shooting guns selling T-shirts and telling me how it is.

Really appreciate guys like Scotty Kilmer on YouTube who is a professional mechanic and gives the real deal opinion on cars and repairs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Close to 2K rounds through my KS7. I am completely satisfied with it. Not sure how the barrel could have come off without some negligence on his part. I generally like Honest Outlaw's videos though. If it works for you, keep using it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The thing about the reviewer in the OP is, despite having "Honest" in his name, he's not very if you watch a lot of his videos. I've stopped watching his stuff because it's clear he's biased against certain manufacturers.

·
Banned
14 Posts
The thing about the reviewer in the OP is, despite having "Honest" in his name, he's not very if you watch a lot of his videos. I've stopped watching his stuff because it's clear he's biased against certain manufacturers.
He is not biased at all. Sorry you can’t take the truth that Kel-Tec manufactures junk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He is not biased at all. Sorry you can’t take the truth that Kel-Tec manufactures junk.
Its a fact that every thing that gets made will have some lemons. Pretending the gun shot itself apart when all you did was take the mag tube cap off and yank the barrel off(like literally every other shotgun design) then go on to say its broken because it did that….That seems very dishonest too me. Accept people have biases.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Its a fact that every thing that gets made will have some lemons. Pretending the gun shot itself apart when all you did was take the mag tube cap off and yank the barrel off(like literally every other shotgun design) then go on to say its broken because it did that….That seems very dishonest too me. Accept people have biases.
Well it seems that K-T bought the lemon orchid. Their ideas seem great on paper, but when it comes to manufacturing, they can not execute it at all. their quality control and materials are very subpar. I have said this many times too many people , I do want K-T to succeed, but it’s going to take the consumers demanding better quality control, better materials and a much higher quality in manufacturing.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts