Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Someone was working on rolling their own 2 inch shells, and that might be the way to go. The ammunition needs to be JUUUUSST long enough it can't flip ends in the loading port/chamber area under any circumstance.
That might be me unless someone else was also doing it. I had one Aguila swap ends and that really screwed things up and told me not to trust them. But the 2" shells? I've fired a mess of 'em so far and no problems at all. In fact I'm going to update that thread in a minute.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is how I ended up. There is room for a pair of flip up sights still on the rail, but the set I have now BARELY gets up to the lens of the red dot, now that I have it sighted in, so I just took them off for now. The Olight PL2 sits below the field of view of the red dot, but is still operable with the thumb, hold for momentary, tap for on or off. Ambidextrous switches on the light so the gun is as lefty-friendly as it ever was. I have average size hands for a guy (can I say that on a family-friendly forum?)
20201015_212407 (2).jpg
20201015_212427 (2).jpg
20201015_212526 (2).jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
The ammunition needs to be JUUUUSST long enough it can't flip ends in the loading port/chamber area under any circumstance.
Even 3" shells can flip like that if your lifter forks flex just right and aren't tight enough. While I realize they kinda need to just be two tines due to how things are oriented I do wish there was some outer metal guide plates in that portion of the firearm or something to prevent the forks from flexing outwards at all.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts