Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the kid (20 yrs old) decided to check out my su-22 and took apart the stock...ooops...how in the heck do you get the trigger/hammer assembly back together or do I just need to ship it back to kel-tec or ?? :-[

·
Super Moderator
10,073 Posts
If you go to the PLR-16 forum and look at the FAQ that's stickied near the top of the page, there is a link to instructions for a trigger job that include disassembly and (the more difficult) reassembly. It'll take you here:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220492330

Even though the PLR-16 has a pistol grip, the trigger group is the same and the procedure should be very similar. The same PLR-16 FAQ also has the following link to an SU-16 trigger job which should be even more nearly identical to the SU-22.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1232423897/0#7

Hey, while you're in there, why not do a trigger job? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still no go the hammer spring is messed up I think...pull the trigger and nothing happens...not good...seems to be as in those pics but I must have done something to the spring trying to to bend it just like the photo...thanks for the help though...

·
Super Moderator
10,073 Posts
tiredofit09 said:
...pull the trigger and nothing happens
Oh well, you can still use it to beat the young 'un while instructing him in the importance of not disassembling firearms. :)

I'm sure Kel-Tec will get you going again. That's obviously not a warranty repair, but they've been very reasonable about the costs for repairs like this. I'd give their customer service department a call on Monday.

321-631-0068

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
already beat him and me for letting him near it....funny he can disassemble his airsoft stuff just fine as he did with the ak/ar but didn't read on this one....already have an email into Kel-tec and will call them bright and early tomorrow morning.....haven't even put a round through it yet...I own 3 other kel-tec's...2 sub-2000's and a PF9... :'(

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
Aside from having to pay shipping to Cocoa Beach, KT probably won't charge you a dime.  Speaking of dimes, if you need any accessories, buy them now - shipped to you with the rifle on KT's dime. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.