kid messed up big time

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by tiredofit09, Oct 31, 2009.

1. tiredofit09

tiredofit09 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    the kid (20 yrs old) decided to check out my su-22 and took apart the stock...ooops...how in the heck do you get the trigger/hammer assembly back together or do I just need to ship it back to kel-tec or ?? :-[

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    If you go to the PLR-16 forum and look at the FAQ that's stickied near the top of the page, there is a link to instructions for a trigger job that include disassembly and (the more difficult) reassembly. It'll take you here:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220492330

Even though the PLR-16 has a pistol grip, the trigger group is the same and the procedure should be very similar. The same PLR-16 FAQ also has the following link to an SU-16 trigger job which should be even more nearly identical to the SU-22.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1232423897/0#7

Hey, while you're in there, why not do a trigger job? :)

3. tiredofit09

tiredofit09 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    still no go the hammer spring is messed up I think...pull the trigger and nothing happens...not good...seems to be as in those pics but I must have done something to the spring trying to to bend it just like the photo...thanks for the help though...

4. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Oh well, you can still use it to beat the young 'un while instructing him in the importance of not disassembling firearms. :)

I'm sure Kel-Tec will get you going again. That's obviously not a warranty repair, but they've been very reasonable about the costs for repairs like this. I'd give their customer service department a call on Monday.

321-631-0068

5. tiredofit09

tiredofit09 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    already beat him and me for letting him near it....funny he can disassemble his airsoft stuff just fine as he did with the ak/ar but didn't read on this one....already have an email into Kel-tec and will call them bright and early tomorrow morning.....haven't even put a round through it yet...I own 3 other kel-tec's...2 sub-2000's and a PF9... :'(

6. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    They might respond to the email. They're very responsive to calls.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Aside from having to pay shipping to Cocoa Beach, KT probably won't charge you a dime.  Speaking of dimes, if you need any accessories, buy them now - shipped to you with the rifle on KT's dime. :cool: