Kicking you when you are down!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by cactus_jack, Sep 7, 2004.

1. cactus_jack

cactus_jack New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Read some not nice remarks about KTOG over at KT Range while I was waiting for KTOG to come back!

And those people say all the bad ones are over here! Ha!

2. Harlequin

Harlequin New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. That happens on many rival forums. For every person over there slamming us, there's on here that has issues with them. Mostly is for personal reasons of one form or another. Personally, after having issues with midiman's warped understanding of the Bill of Rights, I don't post there anymore.

Many post in both places. More power to them.

3. cactus_jack

cactus_jack New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Harlequin, you are right!

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    True. I can assure you that the majority of the folks at the Range are above petty jealousy and are not celebrating KTOG's difficulties. Many of them have contributed invaluable knowlege and expertise to both boards and will no doubt continue to do so.

5. There got to be a lot of whining on here back about the 1st of the year and some of those guys left and set up their own forum because yz wouldn’t ban people for speaking their peace.

Then after they got their site set up they must have gotten lonely because they didn’t have anyone to argue with so they came back over here from time to time to throw a brick in the outhouse to watch it splash and then run back home and laugh about it.

I like the way yz runs this forum compared to other forums like the Highroad where you can’t say anything that might disagree with the monitors or you’ll be banned without warning.

I think if we are going to be cheer leaders to promote the protection of the 2nd amendment then we ought to do the same for the 1st one even if we don’t like what’s being said in my opinion.

6. SuperFlyer

SuperFlyer New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Um, excuse me...
    But I was the first one to jump aboard the new Ktog and offer any assistance I could in aiding the creation of the new board.
    No one's been "kicking" anybody... it's just the way things work.
    There is no bad blood between KTRange and KTOG, and yzguy and I know each other quite well and respect each other. I'm sure he'll affirm what I've said.
    Flyer

7. bob110011

bob110011 Guest

I've got to agree with Harelquin, but I'm not so sure that it's the Bill of Rights that midiman has a problem understanding, my experience on his board was that he takes his own personal version of political correctness to a vulgar extreme - and tries to force it down other folks throats if they don't meet his personal standards of perfection.

I often wonder how people like this actually function in a world like ours that really isn't fair....

I no longer contribute / post there myself.

8. CA-guy

CA-guy New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I've been a member of KTrange since it was first created, and KTOG far longer. I have never had any problems with the moderators of either board, and have seen that both are labors of love dedicated to helping Kel-Tek owners without charge.

Who on any board had contributed more than Flyer? Midi may have his quirks, but as long as you post about GUNS, he is very open minded. These are gun boards, aren't they. I've seen several people disagree with both him and Flyer, and both took it with good humor so long as no mudslinging was involved.

As long as we stay on topic, I don't think anyone will have any problems at either board. What we should do more often is thank both sets of moderators for their time and knowledge that they so generously share. Thanks guys.

CA

Can't we all just get along?

9. Mike

Mike New Member

May 21, 2005
    And some of the members on KTRange have told those that are doing the 'Bad Mouth" to cool it. :-X

10. yzguy

yzguy New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    ok, that is enough of the us vs them crap.... I don't like those threads here, and realy don't care much what anyone else has to say about us on any other board....

yes several over there are frends, and just about all are pretty good guys, but true a few seem to have issues with KTOG, but as I said I don't want to hear about it here....

11. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Some dude I've never met saw me the other day and
    thought I looked like a weirdo. As I've never met him
    and I'm not trying to sell him anything, nor trying to
    have any other dealings with him, I don't give a flying
    f ... um, a flying FISH what he thinks of me.
    Similarly, if some dude on some board doesn't like
    KTOG so what? If someone has a legitimate beef
    with the way we do things at KTOG we might decide
    to look at their ideas on how to do things better,
    but otherwise who cares?

12. OneBulletDan

OneBulletDan New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    I was a member of this excellent site last winter, when I bought my 1st Kel-Tec product, a P32, which was quickly followed by a P11, a SUB2000, and recently, a P3AT.
    Somehow, when this site went down, I was moved (not by my own doing) to "the other site".
    THANK GOD YOU`RE BACK! ;)

13. cactus_jack

cactus_jack New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    "

14. traveler

traveler New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Yes, some very interesting things have gone on since the start-up of that other site. I have a pretty good idea of a lot of it and why. Not interested in starting a flame-war, just that I have noticed odd things too.

Welcome back! :)

15. SuperFlyer

SuperFlyer New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    You know, it's funny... you go to KTRange, insult and deride the Admins there until you're BANNED, like you are NOW, and somehow are now claiming you "somehow" got registered at the "other" sight.
    Oh well... you can sit back and expect people to believe all your personal registration info was inserted by demonic forces, and your postings there weren't really yours... but I've got a feeling they're not gonna buy it. YOU signed up, YOU set your preferences, YOU got yourself KICKED OUT.
    In short, you're lying.
    Doesn't matter, though... your scalp is merrily flapping in the breeze there, and I'm not shedding any tears.
    Adieu.
    Flyer

16. OneBulletDan

OneBulletDan New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    I do not appreciate being called a liar. I had no problem with you, and considered you to be a fair an knowledgeable person. I didn`t insult Midiman, but, I must admit, I did not like him or his attitude, even when he was on this site. This doesn`t make him wrong or me right; just a personality conflict. I didn`t make it 49 years by allowing myself to be "brow beaten" by someone I consider an inferior.

17. SuperFlyer

SuperFlyer New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Well, now there it is, isn't it.
    What a great attitude... something to which we should all aspire. Let's get a nice attitude of superiority going for all of us, here.
    I NEVER consider myelf superior to ANYONE, not you, or even someone on Death row.
    And, for your info, Midi is OLDER and MORE EXPERIENCED than you... where did you get the idea you were "Superior"? You're lucky if you've got even half his knowledge, much less an equal working version thereof.
    You've just exposed yourself, you know, as a narcissist. I'd suggest refraining from drawing attention to yourself in this manner in the future... it's NOT the greatest way to make friends.
    Flyer

18. Stevil

Stevil New Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow! OneBulletDan, nice to see that your seasoned 49 years didn't teach you any self-effacing humility. Let it go dude, learn and move on, there are far better uses for your energy. :)