Keyboard Shortcuts? causing problems

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by rcmodel, Sep 28, 2006.

1. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    I always have problems when posting of hitting a certain key combination and ending up in another website, or something.
    This loses everything I have already typed when I go back to the post page.

My questions are:
    1. Is this a key-board shortcut setting in my IE browser, or in the YaBBA-Dabba-Do software?

2. Am I the only one with this problem?

3. Is there any way to turn it off?

[​IMG]
    rcmodel

2. atlasx

atlasx New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    hmm, what key combination are you using? I have never had that happen to me, however I don't use "shortcuts" often

3. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    I'm not exactly sure what the combination of keys it is.

I will just be typing away, and all of a sudden KTOG takes off for another website.

I never post on any other site, so I can't decide if it is IE, or YaBB doing it.

Maybe I just type too fast, or more likely, too slow.

[​IMG]
    rcmodel

4. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    It's a possibility that your cursor is simply hanging over one of the buttons on the page, and if you hit the enter key by accident, it's like pushing the left button on the mouse over that link. Just a theory mind you, but I have done that before myself.

;)

5. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    I don't think it's a matter of hitting the enter key.

More often then not it's the "A" key, in combination with some other letter. How fast I'm typing also seems to play into it. Typing really fast seems to cause it, while deliberately slowing way down, it never does it.

I have tried slowing down the keyboard repeat rate, but that didn't seem to help.

Also went th
    I just now popped up an IE menu screen while typing "through" in the above sentence.

Also went through the IE help and it appears all of it's keyboard shortcuts have to have the "Alt". "Ctrl" or "F1 - F10" keys used in combination with some letter key to do anything, and I'm not using any of them.

[​IMG]
    rcmodel