Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know, Jason is very sick. He was prescribed an antibiotic last week for a reoccuring infection, and when combined with one of his other meds, caused a deadly reaction.

He has been diagnosed with acute kidney failure and his potassium levels shot up so dangerously high that his muscles are breaking down.

The doc said it is reversible, but who knows how long it will take. Please keep him and our family in your happy thoughts and prayers.

Kat

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Prayers sent

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
Prayers sent. Hang in there guy !!!
Its just another obstacle to overcome in our old age...

·
Registered
250 Posts
For those of you who don't know, Jason is very sick. He was prescribed an antibiotic last week for a reoccuring infection, and when combined with one of his other meds, caused a deadly reaction.

He has been diagnosed with acute kidney failure and his potassium levels shot up so dangerously high that his muscles are breaking down.

The doc said it is reversible, but who knows how long it will take. Please keep him and our family in your happy thoughts and prayers.

Kat
I will do just that, thank you for taking the time to share this with us. Please let us know how he responds. His KTOGers are pulling for him.

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
Take care and get well Jason!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Blessings and prayers to Jason and family. Get well soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Best wishes and thoughts towards better health Jason. I hope you are back in the saddle soon.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

Kat
You and Jason have been extremely good to me, especially the past few weeks, even though we never met in person.

Even if I don't say it, you both are some of the first up on my prayers list, whether good or bad is happening.

Take care of him and yourself.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Get well soon Jason...Kat, give him a big hug for us.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
I sure am sorry to hear this happening.

My prayers and thoughts are with both of you.

Listen to the docs.
Get better real soon and let us hear from you.

Jim

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers, guys and my lovely wife. I began having symptoms last Friday, and the symptoms were got bad enough by Monday that I could barely walk more than a few feet before having the feeling that I was going to collapse.

I was diagnosed rhabdomylosis and acute renal failure. Don't ask me to explain it, but trust me, it's bad. Google it!

In any case, I've gone through a crap load of IV drugs to reverse the kidney and muscle damage and to reduce my potassium levels. With any luck I will be released Thursday or Friday.

Once again, thanks!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts