Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to the forum.
Like most nubies I will start with a question.
As soon as I can locate what I want, I plan the buy a Sub 2000 gen 2.
No shops in my area have them in stock.
In order to buy the one that will please me I need to know the differences, advantages, and disadvantages, of gun/mag choices.
I am interested in a 9mm but I don`t understand why some choose the 19 mag version, or the 17 mag version. I would like to be able to use happy sticks.
Before I make a purchase, I would like to know what i`m doing.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks boo

·
Banned
325 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you choose the g19 grip style you can use any of the mags of 15rds and up. If you choose the g17 grip style you can only use the 17rd mags and up as the g19 15rd mags will not work as they will be too short to lock into place. My wife and I both have Glock G19 pistols and Sub2000 9 rifles with the G19 grip setup. This makes it easy for us to have on hand any 9mm glock mag 15rds and larger and not worry about compatability including the 33rd happy sticks and 50rd drum mags. If our subs were g17 setups, then we would not be able to use our g19 mags in them and would present us with a problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the glock mags are plentiful an cheap compared to some other brands. If you have a handgun or plan to buy a handgun they offer the Sub 2000 mag in get the sub 2000 to match your handgun....If you don't plan on buying a matching handgun (like me) I suggest the Glock 19 for the plentiful mag supply. I like Sig pistols but their mags are expensive so even if they offered a Sig mag version I might have gone with the glock.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Same here, the sub2k grip felt too small to me. Mags ride higher in the Sub2ks so while I could get all my fingers on a gen 4 G19 my pinky was hanging in the breeze on a g19 sub2k. So unless you already have a crate of g19 mags you'd probably be happier with the g17 ver. and g17 & g18 mags will still run in both.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like having the G19 version, it allows using mags that the 17 cannot take. I have used Korean short and stick mags, ETS short and stick, as well as factory mags. After changing the korean short mag springs with wolff springs they have all been trouble free.
I recommend the glock mag version for the mag prices and availability.

·
Registered
23 Posts
FYI, MagPul is now making pmags for glocks and they run around $15 for the 17rnd and $20 for the 22rnd. My Gen2 came with a 17rnd pmag and I picked up a few more at the gun show and they function perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.