Keltec RDB M-Lok Raptor Rail Handguard in Pre-Order - Avail late Aug

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Lee Majors, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Lee Majors

Lee Majors Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Good morning all,

I finally hit the magic 25 posts number to be able to post in here. We've designed a new M-Lok handguard for the RDB which we are calling "The RDB Raptor Rail".

It was in the RDB section but if some of you haven't looked lately, you might have missed it.

These are going to be consist of a front reinforcement around the bottom of the gas block to mount the rail, two rear reinforcements to secure the rear of the rail onto the posts, 6 6-32 screws which are to be blue loctited in, and two 8-32 front mounting screws, also with blue loctite, that go into the center mounting stay that goes through the gas block. There will also be a spot for one 8-32 screw on the very bottom that will go THROUGH the reinfocement and actually contact the bottom of the gas block for those who want to more tightly secure their rail, primarily for bipod shooters to eliminate POI shift from rail movement.

All of them will be manufactured in 6061-T6 aluminum, have m-lok slots down the sides and bottom, additional venting holes to keep it cool, and it stops approximately 3mm from the rear of the threads so it doesn't interfere with a direct-thread can you might have.

25 of the first batch of the 50 we ordered will be powder coated black (for better gripping but not crazy rough, somewhat like valve covers on a BMW or Audi), the remaining 25 will be split in either raw aluminum for those who want custom cerakote, FDE cerakote (we will try our best to match the original RDB color), or anodized black aluminum.

Regular pricing will be set at $179. Manufacturing started Tuesday and we should have progress pictures shortly.

We have exactly ONE remaining $129 pre-order slot that has not yet been claimed. After that slot is claimed, we are cutting off pre-orders until we have the product in hand.

Here's our web page to see more about us as a company and the products we make and have made in the past, as well as a sneak peek picture of the finished 3D printed prototype mounted on the rifle.

Enjoy, and thanks for everyone's interest!

https://lifeindustries.net/keltec-rdb

[​IMG]

850sub and jimboksg like this.
  2. Lee Majors

Lee Majors Member

Jul 21, 2017
    More pictures of parts and prototype:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

850sub and jimboksg like this.

3. jimboksg

jimboksg Active Member

Dec 15, 2014
    California
    Wow that's awesome. I wonder if you can attach rails to it? I like the sleek design. especially around the muzzle. Makes me think abought an RDB. :likey::gl::trend:

4. Lee Majors

Lee Majors Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Yes, you can attach rails to it. The slots on the sides and bottom are M-Lok. They make plenty of rails that just clip into those m-lok slots, both short and long.

I'm planning on running a small rail on the front right for a laser/light I have and one on the bottom for an angled foregrip swappable with the atlas bipod we plan to test for better grouping and less POI shift.

jimboksg and 850sub like this.
  5. jimboksg

jimboksg Active Member

Dec 15, 2014
    California
    Sounds like a plan. I love rails. Especially when you can put them where one desires.

6. odinforever2000

odinforever2000 Member

Oct 6, 2011
    This is a must have!

Lee Majors and jimboksg like this.
  7. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    So I'm interested, and willing to sign up if I saw some more progress/updates on it.

8. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    I got your p.m. Lee. Thanks.
    So, who here has one? Range report!
    Do you have pics comparing the anodized versus the powder coating?
    Installed so I can see how it looks compared to the receiver finish?
    I like the powder coated version.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  9. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    Well I got a new phone. I didn't transfer my messages.
    I didn't realize it applied to my apps! So I lost my p.m.'s here.
    Could you please post a link. The one in post 1 doesn't work.

10. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Seems to be a dead link.

11. Lee Majors

Lee Majors Member

Jul 21, 2017
    That’s the one, thanks.