Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have often wondered why I never see any of the Keltec handguns listed in any of the handgun or even shooting magazines that are printed out monthly? They list dozens of manufactures, from A to Z. But you can never find Keltec. One magazine, not sure of the name actually has a section on small handguns this month, they have a paragraph on the P32, but If you go to the back section where they list the gun reviews, Keltec is strangely missing. They have Sccy CPX 1, 2 and 3....I can't even find the CPX 3 anywhere, but they seem to favor the Kimbers, Glocks, S&W and Rugers.....Are they biased? Not everyone has $500 plus to plop down on a Glock or $1500 for a Kimber....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kel Tec is funny people... I don't think they advertise in the gun rags much and from my experience of having several Pocket Pistols, but no long guns... They probably don't need to spend mega bucks for Magazine ads.

·
Registered
51 Posts
*double checks date on thread*

Why would there be any new reviews about the P11 or the P32? They've been out for nearly 20 years by now, unchanged. I loved my P11 and used it for nearly that long, but striker fired polymer pistols that work right out of the box without requiring lots of buffing and polishing first to make them feed reliably are all over the place these days and are a whole lot more enjoyable to shoot.

Everything that can be said about the P11 has been said years ago and there's so many new toys out to review, I don't expect to see any new articles written on the subject.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Most magazines won't review products that don't advertise with them.
At one time I was subscribed to over 15 gun rags and knew many scribes by their articles and writing styles. Bought Gun guides ever year and so on.

Now I get the American Rifleman because my wife is still a member of the NRA.

That's it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
*double checks date on thread*

Why would there be any new reviews about the P11 or the P32? They've been out for nearly 20 years by now, unchanged. I loved my P11 and used it for nearly that long, but striker fired polymer pistols that work right out of the box without requiring lots of buffing and polishing first to make them feed reliably are all over the place these days and are a whole lot more enjoyable to shoot.

Everything that can be said about the P11 has been said years ago and there's so many new toys out to review, I don't expect to see any new articles written on the subject.
Gee... I wonder how the SAA revolver, 1911, GLOCK, et;al seems to be reviewed monthly on most of the gun rags??? How long they been around???

I've had my P11, P40, P3AT, P32/s since they were introduced. I/ve had My P3AT nib and did the F/b the day I bought it,,, same as the others. No biggy there. They all shoot as good as any GLOCK I've owned and now sold.

I just saw a review by Hickock45 on the PM30(?) yesterday and
I shot my 3AT the first time Sunday last. I had no issues on any of my Kel Tecs and enjoy them very much. I'm pretty much done with my hand cannons and sold all but my G 29 as that/s my ranch/woods carry.

Truly, I'm interested in 22mag and 380 these days. Plus the accessories for the KT's. I do love iwb/pocket carry, The PF9 does not qualify for me. But that 30 shot PMR...... HMMMMMM??????!!!!! Might make and exception.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gee... I wonder how the SAA revolver, 1911, GLOCK, et;al seems to be reviewed monthly on most of the gun rags??? How long they been around???
Is it because a variety of manufacturers are still coming up with new variations?

I've had my P11, P40, P3AT, P32/s since they were introduced. I/ve had My P3AT nib and did the F/b the day I bought it,,, same as the others. No biggy there. They all shoot as good as any GLOCK I've owned and now sold.
Eh.

I just saw a review by Hickock45 on the PM30(?) yesterday and
I shot my 3AT the first time Sunday last. I had no issues on any of my Kel Tecs and enjoy them very much. I'm pretty much done with my hand cannons and sold all but my G 29 as that/s my ranch/woods carry.

Truly, I'm interested in 22mag and 380 these days. Plus the accessories for the KT's. I do love iwb/pocket carry, The PF9 does not qualify for me. But that 30 shot PMR...... HMMMMMM??????!!!!! Might make and exception.
30 rounds of .22 magnum (.22WMR) in pistol with a MSRP $454.55, for IWB carry, with heel release for the magazine, over any of the other available options. That could be an interesting subject for a thread all of its own ;)

I'll absolutely say this for the P11: it's never failed me, it never jammed after the initial FnB, never had a part broken or worn, it ate all the ammo I ever fed it and wasn't picky at all. And once I've mastered that long horrid creepy hard and heavy trigger pull and managed to hit the vicinity of the target with it, shooting accurately with a different pistol is child's play. Not the method I used to teach my wife though ;)

But how many articles on that subject does one need in 2017?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kel Tec discussion,,, sorta

30 rounds of .22 magnum (.22WMR) in pistol with a MSRP $454.55, for IWB carry, with heel release for the magazine, over any of the other available options. That could be an interesting subject for a thread all of its own Quote kar98

I generally research a weapon for a year or more before purchase. I just got interested in the PMR 30 a couple days ago. I've got a Taurus 8 shot ultra lite I like very much and have had since they came out. I never use long guns so the 30 shots caught my eye. But no where near a purchase at this time.

Why I like the KT so much is the easy packing. Same for the missus.

Much appreciate your input on your own experience with your KT/s:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can understand why there are no articles (or even many YouTube videos) that solely review a Kel Tec handgun since they aren't new designs.

Having 2 P3AT's, a P32, a P40, & a P11, I'm a fan. The P3AT's are "always with me" guns - tiny & reliable.

I do suspect a bias generally against Kel Tec since they also get overlooked in comparison articles that review a class of gun. The P11 in particular gets no love while the Sccy copies take that slot. With the new Ruger LCP2 growing in size, maybe the P3AT will reclaim its spot as the favorite, smallest, low cost .380 pocket gun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I began the hobby of hand guns I was 100% sold on Glocks. Then went into snubs Primarily S&W. Expensive hobby but I had steady good work. When S&W went to England I disposed of almost all of mine.

I soon tired of shooting paper and packing Brushed Stainless all day long... I loved my Glocks and began looking at lightweight concealable guns and ammo. Studies of Ballistics night and day for a one fits all, do all hand gun. So I had/have a G-29 as soon as they became available.

Soon enough I was finding pocket guns and became interested in those and smaller calibers.
Began with little Berettas and NAA mini magnums. When the P-32/s came out we grabbed a couple and loved them, still have them. I then picked up a P-11 and P-40. Later when the P3AT came along I grabbed one of those that remained NIB until last weekend.

I've equipped all my KT/s with side clips and magazines that held as many extra bullets as usable and concealable. The first thing I did was a fluff and buff and that made my KT/s reliable. So I dumped my big bore GLOCKS and other arms. Set my platform at 9mm with the P-ll.... Then I reduced my platform to 380 and gamble the technology that morphed the 9mm will also morph the 380.s to come.

I've become a real fan of Kel Tec over the years. Easy to care for, easy to carry, works out fine and cheap to maintain..

·
Registered
67 Posts
when they first came out keltec p11s were in all the magazines. Before that grendels 380 were in a lot as well.

p11s now have just been out so long that the market is just informed for the most part. If they came out with a gen 2 you would see them a bit. As it stands its an american classic for the most part that has spawned many many clones. personally i dont think a gen 2 is needed as they are almost perfect other than a few parts that should be adressed. Plastic magazine catches are a no go and the trigger needs a different shape. Other than that they are about perfect for what they are. Maybe a couple of different grip housings for compatability with other platforms.

i will never understand why keltec doesnt capitolize on the p11 more. Its the most well designed trouble free gun they offer IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.