Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for those of us that managed to get an RDB - Way to GO!!! For those of you that haven't experienced a failure - keep your fingers crossed...

I ran across this post today:

http://arizona.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/keltec-lifetime-warranty/43264674

Here's what it reads:

Keltec Lifetime Warranty
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:04 AM
No longer being accepted except by original owner with reciept. If you are not recieving these with your Keltec gun, run for the hills. These guns are prone to breakage.

Keltec used to look the other way but with the aheer number of guns out there they have produced and the number of issues that exist, they can no longer fix every firearm for free......

I have had issues with the RDB gas block and Sub2000 saftey selector breaking and accidentally engaging while shooting.

Im sure some of you have had no issues and thats terrific for you, for those of you cpnsidering a used Keltec purchase please keep this in mind.

• Post ID: 43264674 arizona

·
Registered
118 Posts
That was not my recent experience with a used gen1 Sub2000. I was absolutely clear in my communications with them that I was returning a second owner gun to them. I expected to pay parts and labor for the repair. They replaced it with a new gen 2. This was about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is from the Kel-Tec web site on the Warranty page FAQ's:

"How do I know if my Kel-Tec firearm is under warranty?

If you are the original owner, and can provide a valid proof of purchase, your Kel-Tec firearm is covered under the lifetime warranty.

The following is acceptable as a valid proof of purchase: The receipt that was provided by the store where it was purchased, or the ATF form 4473.

If you have lost the proof of purchase, sometimes the store where the firearm was purchased can provide a copy."

·
Registered
88 Posts
Been that way for quite some time now, like 10 years. Hardly a "fail" on Kel-Tec's part. Expanding the warranty to any non-original owner would just result in a higher purchase price for everyone. I'd rather spend the extra few bucks for a new one.

Besides, it's not like repairs on a Keltec are very expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.