Keltec customer service vs Ruger's

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by razz, Apr 8, 2008.

1. razz

razz New Member

Aug 30, 2007
    I'm interested in P3AT and Ruger's LCP. I've heard the new LCP had the same problem as P3AT because they are essentially the same gun. I've heard Ruger sends return labels when you have problem with your gun so you don't have to pay the return shipping. Is Keltec doing the same thing?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    A real easyway to find out the TRUTH, not just what some people who may have their own agenda have to say:

KEL-TEC CNC INDUSTRIES INC
    1475 Cox Road Cocoa FL 32926
    Tel: 321-631-0068
    M-F 8am-4pm EST
    Toll free 1-800-515-9983

If you do not get a reply from us 24 hours (Monday through Friday) our span filter may have hi-jacked your email. Please contact us by phone at:321.631.0068 EXT 106

But in general, if you have a new gun with a problem KT has been known to send a label or reimburse reasonable shipping notwithstanding the fact that the warranty requires you to send it to them.

What does Ruger's warrant say? Oh ya: "We don't give a warranty" so you are at the luck of whatever they feel like whenever.

-Scott

3. No kidding Scott?.... No warranty on the Ruger LCP?

If not.....the LCP should be REAL cheap in the pawn shop a few months from now! ;D

I mean after all... who would spend all that money to fix a cheap throw away gun anyway?

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Ruger does not choose to provide a written warranty. I understand they have been pretty good about fixing most anything at any time. But they don't have to.

-Scott

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Both companys have treated me right. Kel-Tec with an extractor, spring & screw and then with a mag catch & spring for a P3AT; Ruger with a taller (or was it shorter?) front sight for my Single Six. All three items were sent free of charge. It is true though that Ruger does not have a written waranty.

Take care...

6. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Personally I did not ask Kel-Tec for a shipping label nor did I care about the costs when I shipped mine in.
    Some might think it's a big deal, I just want my second one back.

7. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Long ago when I had problems with my first generation P3AT I sent it back at my expense. When I had more problems KT had it picked up repaired it and returned it to my door all at their expense. I think that is more than fair.

8. KS.G36

KS.G36 Guest

I am keeping faith in Kel-Tec so far. Though my logic that parts would be replaced faster than sending the complete gun in seems to be wrong. Just hit 6 weeks waiting for a new slide and springs.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I asume that you sent in a slide for replacement.  That is not the same as picking up the phone and ordering parts.  Your slide is in line with other guns.

Saw this in a another thread.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1207796023/0#0

It is true that Ruger has no written warranty, however, from what I have heard, Ruger has very good CS.  Since I own a few Rugers, that is comforting.  However, when you send a gun back to KT, you don't have to cross your fingers and hope it's covered.  I have yet to see the warranty denied, and that includes plenty of problems caused by the customer, the ammo, etc...

10. cactus_jack

cactus_jack New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Is this true? jocko just posted this at the Ruger form....

"One of your kt moderators has sent his kt's back 23 times, just ask over there he will tell you ( I dn't intend to divulge his name, that is for him to release, not me).. They all know the issues on the kt forum, been there alot longer than you, I have the work orders from kt still in my files. Yup they replaced 4 slides just on one 380, doesn't mean a thing to me as they replaced them with bad slides (peened right out the front of the slide) I know you don't want to hear that stuff, but if you really want to know the other person just go on the kt site and ask."

11. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Don't know the exact number, but yup, its true. And that person still carries a P3AT to this day.

-Scott

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    23 times? I'm not even gonna comment on that. ::)

13. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Yeah, that figure's gotta be way too low! :p ;D