Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just calle keltec to order another screw for the belt clip as mine stripped. I asked about send the gun in because of teh nasty finish on the slide and the surface fust and the geltleman told me that they do not refinish teh slide and will not replace the slide unless under 30 day warranty.

Is this true.

Justin

G

·
some1yell said:
I just calle keltec to order another screw for the belt clip as mine stripped.  I asked about send the gun in because of teh nasty finish on the slide and the surface fust and the geltleman told me that they do not refinish teh slide and will not replace the slide unless under 30 day warranty.

Is this true.

Justin
send the slide into apw.cogan. com and get it hc finished.  You will be much more happier with his work than the blue jobs of kt.  Lately they have been coming out the 380's that I have anyhow has a dynamite looking blue finish on the slide.  100% better than my earlier models.  Spend a few bucks extra and have cogan do the finish work and you will be very proud of it when you get it back..

jocko, who is being very "careful" to correct all words etc, for fear of the "teacher" ;D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I am into the hard crome, I want to keep the blued gun for the consealability as it will be in cliped to my side. Do they do blued slide finishes? I also thought that kepted would replace the slide if fail to eject was happening. Is that true as some of you have sent them in and got the new finish. Im looking to spend as little as possible.

G

·
some1yell said:
I don't think I am into the hard crome, I want to keep the blued gun for the consealability as it will be in cliped to my side.  Do they do blued slide finishes?  I also thought that kepted would replace the slide if fail to eject was happening.  Is that true as some of you have sent them in and got the new finish.  Im looking to spend as little as possible.
they don't replace the slide for fte's-normally. It sounds to me like maybe you are trying to get the upgraded slide when there is really nothing wrong with yours excpet you are unhappy with the finish etc. Not trying to be cocky or anything but you bought it, you should have looked it over alot closer etc to be satisfied or not. apw work is not cheap dime store work,He does good professional work, so if you are looking for a bargain, he is not the source to go to. If you want good quality work, you have to pay for it. Live with the slide u have until you can no longer stand it and then get it professionally refinsihed. apw does super blueing, super, they prep the sides and that is the key to a good finish job. Pull up his webb site and figure out his prices, Your slide more than likely is like all the previous slides that kt has put out, not the best but not the worst....

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
If you are just talking surface rust, hit it with some 000 steel wool and then keep it clean and properly lubed.

FWIW, someone just recently posted about a product he used to put a black ceramic finish on his own gun. It went on over the blueing. It seemed simple enough and it looked great. I just can't find the post. :-/

Hopefully, someone who can find it will come along and point you to it. IIRC, the guy even offered to do anyone's slide that sent it to him for free.

·
Registered
585 Posts
TxCajun said:
If you are just talking surface rust, hit it with some 000 steel wool and then keep it clean and properly lubed.  

FWIW, someone just recently posted about a product he used to put a black ceramic finish on his own gun.  It went on over the blueing.  It seemed simple enough and it looked great.  I just can't find the post.   :-/

Hopefully, someone who can find it will come along and point you to it.  IIRC, the guy even offered to do anyone's slide that sent it to him for free.
Recent thread on refinishing a slide.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand teh complexities of refinishing and have also priced it. But I read a thread on a gun that was failing to eject and had a crack grip, kel tec replaced the slide and gave it the new finish. I have only had the gun for 2 months and it was a present. I will spend the money if I had to but I just thought that I could get my liftime warranty to help me out with teh finish that keltec put on. My friend bought one at the same tiem he bought me mine and his is flawless and 2 numbers lower in serial number than mine. I will deal with it for now I jsut was looking forward to sending it in after the holidays and getting it up to par.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  If you are unsatisfied with the slide FINISH quality, then, within 30 days Kt WILL  replace it for you. If there is a malfunction that the slide is causing, KT will replace it ANYTIME! IF the slide is causing the problem. Otherwise they will replace parts IN the slide and send you the same one back.

Come on! You got the GUN for free. You could afford to Pay for a new slide if you want one. ($90 blue finish.) But I would specifically request the new finish, else you get one of the old ones out of the parts bin.

Packer.

G

·
some1yell said:
What are the contacts for jack and apw?
apw.cogan. com u call pull up his web site with prices and everything. Remember Jack only electro plates, Cogan HC plates, big difference, --price also. Cogan preps the slide before any work is done, so no flaws will be in ur slide when you get it back, His work is flawless IMO. They also do all of kt hc plating to, only they do no prep work to save kt money. He did 2 of my slides and they look like $500 peaces, makes a big difference. His blueing is also superalitive.. You only get what u pay for, I don't think Cogans prices are high either..FWIW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.