Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on any updates to the SU16 line or any new upgrades coming up. Seems like it's gotten a little lost recently with no new innovation for the SU16 line. Seems after market upgrades are also lacking, just wondering why this might be. It's a great gun.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
KelTec has a reputation for upgrading their products, as they see the need, w/o a lot of promotion or fanfare. In the last couple of years they have gone from steel barrels, to chromed, and now nitride. They have also put the Bravo sights on the Alpha with no mention of it. They have made several other minor changes, rather quietly, across their line. I wouldn't count on getting any advance notice of production upgrades.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Though an update sheet would be nice. Just something to say there were changes. Just a blurb on their website or something. It doesn't have to be a headline, but just a spot to go look for changes in the product.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I suspect that they do not want to advertise some changes because they could be seen as an admission that a particular component of the gun did not work that well... (the deflector style charging handle for example). Consumers would probably overwhelm customer service with requests for warrantied parts upgrades if Kel-Tec announced a new and better charging handle.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I picked up an SU16B a few months ago and I believe the barrel has been upgraded. It lacks the taper and appears heavier than what I've seen pictured anywhere.
Welcome to the KTOG forum. Keep us posted on how it shoots and what mods you might add.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I picked up an SU16B a few months ago and I believe the barrel has been upgraded. It lacks the taper and appears heavier than what I've seen pictured anywhere.
Yeah, I think someone told you wrong. That's an SU-16A model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, upon further investigation (and more careful measuring) it appears my rifle DOES have the heavier 18.5" barrel! A pleasing discovery! I suspect that when I first measured the barrel, I didn't measure it all the way back to the feed ramp. Anyway, I've only put about 200 rounds through it so far and I'm typically getting 2 to 3 inch groups at 50 and 100 yards. With some practice and adjustment to my grip and trigger pull I'm confident I that I can close those groups up a little bit. Either way it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot! Here's how she sits for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.