KEL-TEC SU-16 Sling

Discussion in 'SU-16' started by CaliforniaShooter2525, Jun 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ronpaul716

ronpaul716 Member

Jun 8, 2020
    1st off, i appreciate all the members here, as i've learned so much from all of you who have shared your experiences & knowledge. Goes without saying that we'd all be lost without you. But it boggles my mind how this SU16 has been in production for a decade (maybe more), & there's 100's & 100's of owners struggling to find ways to attach slings... with paracords, hitch pins, clovis pins, dismantling the forend, drilling into this or that. It would've been nice if the manufacturer simply understood owners would like to attach a sling & for them to offer a standardized solution going forward. If not for increased functionality, but even just for the pride in selling a complete package.

I found 1 of the user suggested options here on this forum, the angelfire dot com one (since i cant post links yet) which was the barrel mounted swivel & 1 in the stock, did everything that was suggested, only to discover that the guns orientation is upside down after the fact. I'm such a moron because I should've been able to tell from the photo that this was gonna be a problem & i just didn't realize it. 2 packages of mounting hardware that are now useless later & now i'll be trying something else... maybe the one posted here.

Seems the only way to have a solid sling mount thats not Macguyvered with drills, duct tape & Loctite, is to replace the bipod forend all together for the RedLion one or Zhukov one & attach a sling mount to that.

On behalf of anyone thats reading this, i apologize for the rant. I'm just frustrated. Something as simple as a sling shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of someones time. Yet with this SU16 theres literally years worth of posts for what users came up with. Its insane lol. KelTec, just sell the gun with included mounting hardware. Poof

2. rickclark28

rickclark28 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Love post #21 Funny I searched several years of posts! For a sling. Thanks KelTec for the entertainment! Enjoyed every minute...
    I agree it would have saved me some time if they just allowed for a sling on my SU16A. I have had a good time taking tips from members here and attempting the different suggestions. I ended up just going with a Universal Single Sling Adapter for now. Some good ideas here for sure.
    *ronpaul716 I 100% agree this is freaking INSANITY for a sling. I had a blast though and appreciate the members here! It helped me to learn about my SU16/I love mine and very happy with it. What the heck Kel-Tec! I love my SU16 but come on.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD! Rick

ronpaul716 likes this.

3. ronpaul716

ronpaul716 Member

Jun 8, 2020
    haha yeah i hear ya & you're 100% right. As a result from researching possible sling options I sure discovered a whole lot of other useful tidbits of information. And this forum has been a treasure trove of info. There are a few threads here however that have dead links to pictures or videos & links to other sites that i'd really like to see but can't... and that stinks, but still i've learned a lot from everyone here.
    I bought a 2 point sling myself that can be used as a single & thats what i'm using currently a single. But once Red Lion Precision restocks their forends on 8/27 i plan on purchasing one of those. Not only to use as a sling mount but so i can install other accessories (but nothing too crazy) but also to have a free floating barrel & something more robust than the bipod forend.
    Hope you're enjoying your SU16A :p

4. silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Guys I sent email to [email protected] the owner. He said several people have asked for qd hand guard pin.

If we all email him it will make it happen.

Plus ask for heat shield fo hand guard.

5. rickclark28

rickclark28 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2019
    *This is a good idea. Already sent one. But for others what do you ask for and what is the description of the product(s) you are requesting. Are you requesting a heat shield, hand guard or a QD hand guard pin?

6. silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Heat sheild for bipod handgaurd and qd handgaurd pin