Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new P3AT that I just purchased last week was new and unfired. I bought it from a friend that had bought it new and had never fired it. He was out of work and sold it to me. Now I know KT states in the owner's manual that they are warrantied for life to the original owner. They say if the pistol needs warranty repairs that you must send in a copy of the bill of sale as well as a copy of the 4473. Now I have bought hundreds of firearms in my lifetime and have never received a copy of the 4473 form. I also have seen many posts on here and other boards stating that guys have bought used Kel-Tecs and have sent them in and gotten warranty repairs done. I sent Kel-Tec an e-mail and asked them about a possible policy adjustment of their warranty terms since my gun was new and unfired (at that time). A guy named Bill sent me a quite rude reply basically saying I was SOL. Can anybody shed some light on this dilema of mine?
Since the little snag of last week I have grown to really love the little gun. I am even looking at purchasing a couple more in different calibers. I really don't want to spend a lot more money with this company if they will not stand behing their product because of a technicality. Help me out here guys. I know someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have never heard of anyone being asked for a bill of sale or any other document. I have sent different guns in for repair and never been ask for any proof or statements as to original ownership.

It seems to be a bit of the old "don't ask don't tell" policy with a new twist. ;D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apiarian said:
I have never heard of anyone being asked for a bill of sale or any other document. I have sent different guns in for repair and never been ask for any proof or statements as to original ownership.

It seems to be a bit of the old "don't ask don't tell" policy with a new twist. ;D
This is kind of what I was thinking. Just send it in. However I have been in customer service for the better part of 30 years and try to do things the way companies state in their manuals.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It seems to work best if you call and speak with customer service. Tell them the issue, if it is something they need to fix they will tell you to ship it to them. Sometimes you can even ask for a call tag and they will pay for the shipping. Just put a letter in the package telling who you spoke with and the issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would say if you have a prob in the future just call them, tell them what the prob is and let them ask the questions. If they dont require proof then send it in. That way your not lying or donating too much info.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
camoxjeep said:
i would say if you have a prob in the future just call them, tell them what the prob is and let them ask the questions. If they dont require proof then send it in. That way your not lying or donating too much info.
That was my point when I asked the question. They have been very responsive with the few requests I have made. And if you check this board I think you will find many others that feel the same way.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Kel-Tec has been great to me. If it's just a couple small parts they don't even ask any questions. They just say " I'll get it in the mail to you". I had to pay for parts once, but I was ordering a new grip and had a long list of other parts. They still only charged me for about half of them. They weren't replacements for broken parts I'm just paranoid and like to have a spare of everything. ;D

·
Registered
305 Posts
goodbrewing said:
[quote author=bro61 link=1238546522/0#8 date=1238597045] I'm just paranoid and like to have a spare of everything.  ;D
Sounds like a good reason for a 2nd p3 maybe in a diff color. Any excuse to buy another gun is a good 1 in my book.
[/quote]

I agree. Local shop had a chrome slide and blue grip P3. That's one good looking gun. He said the ladies really like that one. Does that mean I'm getting in touch with my feminine side?  :-[

·
Registered
175 Posts
bro61 said:
[quote author=goodbrewing link=1238546522/0#9 date=1238605667][quote author=bro61 link=1238546522/0#8 date=1238597045] I'm just paranoid and like to have a spare of everything.  ;D
Sounds like a good reason for a 2nd p3 maybe in a diff color. Any excuse to buy another gun is a good 1 in my book.
[/quote]

I agree. Local shop had a chrome slide and blue grip P3. That's one good looking gun. He said the ladies really like that one. Does that mean I'm getting in touch with my feminine side?  :-[[/quote]

Hard chrome and blue is a nice combo.  Go back and get it.   :cool:

·
Registered
175 Posts
bro61 said:
Pedro, nice p3 and nice holster. I love horsehide holsters.
Thanks, I love my little .380, and the holster aint half bad either.   ;)  I added a metal mag catch last week and now my magazine snaps in with very positive engagement.  I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
pedro said:
Thanks, I love my little .380, and the holster aint half bad either.   ;)  I added a metal mag catch last week and now my magazine snaps in with very positive engagement.  I couldn't be happier with it.
I agree about the steel mag catch, I think it is a definite improvement. I've been laid off, but as soon as I get back to work I'm gonna have a P3 like yours. Mine has been great, just not as pretty, uh sorry, handsome as yours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.