Kel-Tec Repair Turn Around Time(Good News!)

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ole380, Sep 6, 2007.

1. ole380

ole380 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Well its been about two weeks since I sent my P-3AT in for repair. I called today and the customer service rep told me that he could tell me without looking that if I sent it 2 weeks ago it was going to be another 3 weeks. Well I talked him into transferring me to the repair dept. and the person who answered asked me the serial# of my firearm and my name and said he would call me back when he hunted down the location and status of my firearm.

Surprisingly no more than an hour later he called me and went down the list of repairs done and told me it was getting overnighted to me today and expect it tomorrow.  :eek: Two week turn around for a slide ,grip replacement and he said they checked the thickness on the front of the slide where the guide rod goes. I have to say not bad!  :) Now I cant wait to test the performance of my refurbished firearm.

I have my washers, rubber grip <--(I bought this online for $5 and its looks exactly like a cut bicycle tube!), and metal mag catch waiting to be installed as soon as I get it. BTW I used a ink pen and placed the rubber washer on the tip and used that method to hold the rubber washer to twist it on sand paper to do the modification for fitting. I let you know how that works out.

2. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Like many here will tell you... "5 weeks" Is the STANDARD response for ANY repair work. No matter what.

3. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I think you sure know how to talk to them. Next time I send a gun in maybe you can call for me?

4. ole380

ole380 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    It was not anything I said it was just the fact that they were done. I think the customer service dept just gives the generic answer when you call

5. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Cool! Glad it worked out nicely!

And I understand about them estimating high on returns. If they said two weeks and it actually took three, the customer would feel like they were in breach of contract and all but bring a lawsuit against them. So they say five weeks, so when they take the same three weeks they get extra credit! :D

6. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Hope it works that way for me. Mine has been there 1.5 weeks and counting.

By the way has it been returned yet?

7. ;D

Glad to see you still with us OLE... Post that range report asap!

Clean, Lube, Shoot, Repeat!

8. ole380

ole380 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
  9. ole380

ole380 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    I'm still at work so I wont know till I get home. Ill let you know tho. I hope they don't require a signature for the package. :eek:

10. ole380

ole380 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Yeah , it was sitting on my door step in a Fed Ex package. Metal mag catch and rubber washers went in like they were always meant to be there. I also installed finger extension on clip. The bicycle tube like grip was crap! It felt so sticky in my hand. I sanded all the seams on the grip to make everything smooth. Did a Fluff n buff and I will shoot this weekend. ;)

11. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I sanded all seams and even knocked some off the checkering on the grip second day I had mine. Never felt the need for a grip sleeve. You will like the pinky extension. Remember they can be trimmed down to reduce the size for carry purposes. That's one of the things I really like about KTs. I can/will do things to them I would not do to another gun.

12. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Ole

Did you get a summary of the work that was done? Any surprises?

13. ole380

ole380 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Yes I did and no surprises.

14. OLE--- was it the entire gun?

I will be shocked to hear you say they left a gun at your door.

Where is that range report?