Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I purchased a pistol grip for my PF9, it's the handall jr. It fits nice both normally & upside down, some owners put it on upside down to fit the crimson-trace laser on the underside of the barrel & trigger guard.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A tip to stop the Hogue Handall Jr and other add on grips from creeping. A little dab of Shoe Goo around edges on the inside works great. You only need a very little. Will peel off fairly easy if you need to remove the grip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So the jr doesn't need to be mounted upside down? I read somewhere that a little snip is all that was needed for the jr to fit with the laser.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have:

Blued Belt clip
Jr. handball installed upside down
Metal guide rod
Trigger Boot
Bright sight ghost glow sights
Metal mag release
3 +1 mag extensions
and a TLR-4 Light

Packing Hornady zombie defense

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I have:

Blued Belt clip
Jr. handball installed upside down
Metal guide rod
Trigger Boot

Bright sight ghost glow sights
Metal mag release
3 +1 mag extensions
and a TLR-4 Light

Packing Hornady zombie defense
Are you using the PF-9 for concealed carry, or just the range?
The Metal Guide Rod is actually meant for the P-11/P-40. It can actually wallow the Guide Rod Hole in the front of the slide, as well as the 'Head' of the rod gouging/scraping the bottom of the barrel and the frame (where it rocks & pivots).

The Trigger shoe is also actually meant for the P-11's wider trigger guard and since it's wider than the PF-9's trigger guard, it snag on the holster and cause an unintentional trigger pull during insertion. Of course... If you're only range shooting and not Carrying (therefore not holstering) this wouldn't be a potential safety issue.

We know these two items are listed as PF-9 accessories. They added them due to 'Popular Demand', even though they've been known to cause issues.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I mounted the handall jr. upsidedown with the crimson-trace laser and i didn't have to do any trimming.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive been using theese items on my pf9 now for almost 6 months i have about 500 rnds down range i carry my gun daily and i havent had any of these issues what so ever. Nor have i read about them anywhere. And if it is such an issue why would they advertise them as accessories for the pf-9. On top of all this what would it matter if i ccw or took it to the range makes no sense if its gonna tear the gun up i feel it would of done it by now. Guess i did it correctly. This is my fith pf9 ive had and all of them get the same build up. My dads pf9 same way no issues on his end ither so unless the guys you have talked with just dont know what there doing or are just plain idiots i dont see how these two upgrades are such an issue with the pf9.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Ive been using theese items on my pf9 now for almost 6 months i have about 500 rnds down range i carry my gun daily and i havent had any of these issues what so ever. Nor have i read about them anywhere.
I did write Could... Didn't say it definitely Would.
Do a search for Metal Guide Rod and you'll get a few dozen hits discussing it. Same if you do a search for Trigger Shoe. There have been pics of wallowed out Guide Rod holes and marring under the barrel and on the frame. It's great that you haven't experienced any issues.
And if it is such an issue why would they advertise them as accessories for the pf-9.
As mentioned in my earlier reply... Simply due to 'Popular Demand', even though they've been known to cause issues.

On top of all this what would it matter if i ccw or took it to the range makes no sense if its gonna tear the gun up i feel it would of done it by now.
The main difference would be that many who only use it at the range don't use holsters, so using the trigger shoe wouldn't be an issue (also as mentioned in my earlier reply). Some CC Holsters are very snug against the sides of the trigger guard, which is where it could snag the trigger shoe, due to it being wider than the trigger guard.

Guess i did it correctly.
Yup... Guess you did and glad to hear it.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Metal guide rods have been a problem in the P11 and the PF9...people want them-but they cause problems. Kel Tec does sell them but they do NOT recommend them.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/guiderod.htm

Do a simple search for trigger shoe PF9 and you'll find dozens of threads stating that they don't fit the PF9 without grinding it down for the smaller trigger guard. Here's just one.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247979&highlight=trigger+shoe

And I don't think someone with only 4 posts should be calling members idiots. Maybe we know what we're talking about?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
hell, I always wanted a poly rod for the kt380 so it want beat frame up inside. Wonder if I could some poly bushing in there. kinda on the topic!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have built up 5 diffrent pf9 five diffrent frames five diffrent slides i know each person who has each gun me personnally i have 6 diffrent holster for my personal pf9 i feel if the items are installed correctly that you wouldnt have any issues all the guns ive done are still going strong my brothers gun has over 2k rnds not calling anyone idiots i just feel maybe they installed the items incorrectly

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dude lighten up, no one on here wants to fight with you about your mods and I am glad they worked for you. I am new to the PF9 but have had P11's for many years and this by no means makes me an expert on the matter. The folks on here only want to help out and answer question based on their experence and knowledge. So take the advice with a grain of salt, mod your gun how you want but remember new folks may not be as talented as you nor as lucky with their mods. Have a great day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you serious ok yes im new to the form its great that new ppl want to do as they see fit to there guns i was simply adding to the thread what all has been done to my pf9 then someone had to insert i was adding things to my firearm that should not be on it as if it where illagal to do so. Im simply backing my statements up with the knowledge that ive learnd over the past 4 years of tinkering with these pistols. I dont see y there has to be such an uproar over a tigger shoe and guide rod. Instead of getting hey kool i get thrown uder the buss. Maybe if someone wanted to add there 2¢ they should of pm me instead arguing there point on a open fourm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the trl-3 light on mine. Anyone know of a good holster that works with these lights?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the tlr-4 i find it easier to carry mine with the beltclip i have the same issue as far as finding a holster to fit the light and gun comfortable

·
Registered
159 Posts
All I saw was a guy with 4000+ posts mentioning some issues he's seen to a guy with less than 10.

I rode my entire childhood with no helmet. Never bashed my head in. I still make my kids wear them because I have seen kids come in the ER.

YMMV.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Recently I purchased a 7rd clip,a 4 in 1 holster & Ncstar laser for my PF9. I love add-ons for firearms, it can be costly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the Hogue Handall Jr. grip on mine, and outfitted it with the +1 mag extension. Made the PF-9 into a whole new gun. The belt clip will probably be next as sometimes I want to carry IWB without messing with a holster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts