Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
This appears to cost more than the +1 mag extension from Keltec and doesn't increase the mag capacity.

I can't see any advantage. ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can see an advantage although not a big one. I carry with the original flat-bottom mag because even the KT pinky extension makes the pistol more likely to print under my T-shirt. At night I could swap the carry mag for the extended mag and use the pistol as a night stand gun. Should be a lot easier to grab and shoot with the longer grip.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
The reason this won't work with a Kel-Tec 8-round mag is because KT's 8-round mag is mearly a 7-round mag with their '+1 Extension' already attached.

This should work fine for IWB carry, but if you currently Pocket Carry, it may make it too long to continue pocket carrying. I use the LT +1 extension for the range, but not for pocket carry.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't see any way to attach it to the +1 mag. Although, I don't really see a purpose either. The +1 should give you a full grip on the pistol as well as add to the capacity. This just adds length and nothing more at the cost of concealment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
People aren't nearly as aware as you're giving them credit for.People are use to seeing things in pockets anyways, so with a good holster it doesn't stand out.If you are carrying a weapon. Is that illegal? No, not unless you're someplace you shouldn't be with a gun, or someone makes you out as a threat. people tend to carry so much crap on their belts anymore, a little bulge or corner sticking out through a shirt will hardly ever be noticed by anyone.By and large, CCW folks tend NOT to fit a profile of a BG, and tend NOT to engage in behaviors that bring attention from the man.it's somewhat up to the individual's experimentation to find the match that works for them.

I copied and pasted this information from another forum, I could not have said it better then this mans post.
-hal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good for range use, pocket carry tho???
This item does not alter the weapon in any way but adds 1.25 inches of grip for those of us that have large hands and own a compact pistol. These extensions do not add to the capacity of the mag.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This item does not alter the weapon in any way but adds 1.25 inches of grip for those of us that have large hands and own a compact pistol. These extensions do not add to the capacity of the mag.
What you said about adds is what I mean about pocket carry, theory being to keep it as compact as possible for pocket. I have large hands too and I agree this could possibly be good for range and holster.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What you said about adds is what I mean about pocket carry, theory being to keep it as compact as possible for pocket. I have large hands too and I agree this could possibly be good for range and holster.
Roger that MoJo....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Have you looked on Kel Tec' s web site ? The Amazon offer is a lot more expensive than from KT factory direct. There's a good discription as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts