Kel-Tec Parts

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by htt, Apr 24, 2010.

1. htt

htt New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I have read that Kel-Tec is very good about furnishing free parts when the owner has a failure,but I'd like to know if you keep any spares for emergency. Two times I tried to determine what parts would most likely fail and I ordered spares. I have approx. $40.00 in small parts now and feel that I am O.K. for any minor problem. You can get a bag of parts from Kel-Tec for the price of one or two parts from some gun makers.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, they will send parts for free if something breaks or fails but you have to purchase spare parts. Some good things to keep around are all springs, a mag catch, extractor, ejector, frame pins and maybe an assembly pin and a mag follower. For 1st gen guns the recoil keeper is a must. I don't know if they even make those any more.

3. htt

htt New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I do have two spare mag catches. I want to get at least one metal catch for one of my P3ATs. Maybe some day I'll get enough posts to look on the Trading Post for one. Also some of my parts were purchased for a first generation gun but I think they will all work on the guns I have now.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Among the 2 generations, all internal parts and springs are the same. The differences are in the slide, barrel, extractor and grip.