Kel Tec P3AT Service Turnaround Time

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Deucer01, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Deucer01

Deucer01 New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Hello all, new here.  :)  Bought a used 2nd gen P3AT couple weeks ago. Had failure to extract problems from the start. Went to clean/inspect extractor but extractor allen screw hole was rounded. So I sent the slide (less barrel) to Kel Tec with a letter explaining the problem and requested the screw be removed and a new extractor, spring, screw be sent back with the slide. Couple days later I receive an email saying it will take 4-6 weeks to process. I called customer service to confirm and they told me it will take 6-8 weeks and I just have wait my turn even for just a screw removal. I don't mind waiting my turn but is this a realistic turnaround time or are they being very conservative in their estimation? Thanks guys!  :cool:

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    6-8 weeks seems to be their standard answer. I have never had to send a KT back to mama so I can't say from first hand experience. I think 6-8 weeks is about what most people report for repairs.

CJ

3. MphsTiger1981

MphsTiger1981 New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    I don't think they are being conservative. I sent back my P32 in February for some work and they were quoting 8 weeks turn around time. It took exactly 10 weeks from the counter at Fedex to my front door. Perhaps you'll get yours back sooner. Good luck.

4. buckeyedave

buckeyedave Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I have not had a problem with my P3AT to have to return it but that timeframe seems to be a standard quote at least. I had to return my Taurus PT22 for a finish problem and they quoted 5-6 weeks. Either there are a ton of warranty gun returns or the manufacturors are running lean and mean like every place.
    Dave