Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here.  :)  Bought a used 2nd gen P3AT couple weeks ago. Had failure to extract problems from the start. Went to clean/inspect extractor but extractor allen screw hole was rounded. So I sent the slide (less barrel) to Kel Tec with a letter explaining the problem and requested the screw be removed and a new extractor, spring, screw be sent back with the slide. Couple days later I receive an email saying it will take 4-6 weeks to process. I called customer service to confirm and they told me it will take 6-8 weeks and I just have wait my turn even for just a screw removal. I don't mind waiting my turn but is this a realistic turnaround time or are they being very conservative in their estimation? Thanks guys!  :cool:

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
6-8 weeks seems to be their standard answer. I have never had to send a KT back to mama so I can't say from first hand experience. I think 6-8 weeks is about what most people report for repairs.

CJ

·
Registered
387 Posts
Deucer01 said:
Hello all, new here.  :)  Bought a used 2nd gen P3AT couple weeks ago. Had failure to extract problems from the start. Went to clean/inspect extractor but extractor allen screw hole was rounded. So I sent the slide (less barrel) to Kel Tec with a letter explaining the problem and requested the screw be removed and a new extractor, spring, screw be sent back with the slide. Couple days later I receive an email saying it will take 4-6 weeks to process. I called customer service to confirm and they told me it will take 6-8 weeks and I just have wait my turn even for just a screw removal. I don't mind waiting my turn but is this a realistic turnaround time or are they being very conservative in their estimation? Thanks guys!  :cool:
I don't think they are being conservative. I sent back my P32 in February for some work and they were quoting 8 weeks turn around time. It took exactly 10 weeks from the counter at Fedex to my front door. Perhaps you'll get yours back sooner. Good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have not had a problem with my P3AT to have to return it but that timeframe seems to be a standard quote at least. I had to return my Taurus PT22 for a finish problem and they quoted 5-6 weeks. Either there are a ton of warranty gun returns or the manufacturors are running lean and mean like every place.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts