Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Maryland where you cannot buy a magazine that holds more then 10 rounds and no online retailers are allowed to ship one to you. Someone please help me. Where or how can I get a magazine?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The closest gun show in Virginia is over 60 miles away and Pennsylvania even farther. I don't want to spend a 4 hour day to find out no one there carrys one. I have been calling gun stores in Virginia but so far I have not found anyone who carries one. I would drive 100 miles if I knew I could get one.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I live in Maryland where you cannot buy a magazine that holds more then 10 rounds and no online retailers are allowed to ship one to you. Someone please help me. Where or how can I get a magazine?
No one in here is going to break the law and offer to ship you a high cap mag that is illegal in your state, Mr ATF Agent.

Mods should delete this entire thread for its solicitation of illegal activity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one in here is going to break the law and offer to ship you a high cap mag that is illegal in your state, Mr ATF Agent.

Mods should delete this entire thread for its solicitation of illegal activity.
No one is soliciting anything illegal you idiot!!! I am asking if anyone knows where I can buy a magazine somewhere fairly close. There is no law that says I cannot drive to Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania or Delaware and buy a magazine. I think the Mods should delete you for being an idiot. Really nice to meet someone like you on my first day here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plus Mr. High and Mighty bearclaw. It is not illegal to own a 16 round magazine in Maryland. It is only illegal to sell one in Maryland. Maybe you should check things out before you get up on your pompous High and Mighty Soapbox!!!!

·
Administrator
32,194 Posts
Sir,

I don't know what forums you are accustomed to but we don't tolerate any insults or name-calling (period).

You stated that you can`t buy the mag in MD, nor can anyone ship one to you. You failed to state that you could legally drive out of state and buy one and you certainly did not make clear what you were trying to do. You can hardly expect members here to know that, or MD laws in general. Therefore, your request did look a bit sketchy and you should have been more clear. FWIW, the odds are exceptionally low of a member here knowing of a shop near you with 16 rd P17 mags in stock.

I suggest you read the forum rules as there will be no further warnings for rules violations.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app

Reactions: JMag1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess people are missing what I am asking for here. I live in Maryland. I am asking if anyone knows of a store in a border state where I can LEGALLY (for mr.bearclaw) buy a magazine for my p17 pistol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I did explain that was what I wanted to do and that I didn't want to drive 60 miles and find out they had none. All I was asking is anyone knew how or where I could find one. Next time I will make sure I put the word LEGALLY in there. Geez!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't worry. I'm leaving.
Kel-Tec has them in stock. Why not find a FFL in a nearby state where shipment is legal, have him order, you drive out of state and buy them from FFL and you are legal. Or if you have a friend that is close by in another state have him order them from kel-tec, buy from him and you are legal. It is legal for you to buy them out of state and use them in Maryland so this would be a legal purchase. I don't believe the op is asking for anything illegal. Maryland allows possession of greater than 10 round mags if purchased out of state. This is not like a straw purchase of a firearm. This may be unique that Maryland bans greater than 10 round mags unless purchased out of state. This will still require some driving on your part to go out of state.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts