Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have just purchased a new P11, and I did the fluff and buff. I had a hrad time getting the barrel back in to get the pin back place, eventually with some play I got it back in place. I never fired the P11 so afterwards I disassembled again to be sure I didnt damage anything. I noticed these notches, will this effect opperations ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Was there a reason you did the fluff and buff on a new gun without even shooting it ?

I mean, obviously you had a reason. Just wanting to know what you were thinking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read that those were some UPGRADES, and the barrel looks nice polished. And a smoother trigger pull. I could definitly tell the difference by doing some dry fires with the snap caps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
jmoi, expect your trigger finger to hurt, it's a weird feeling shooting the P11, it's the only pistol that I have ever owned that reacts that way and the only real fix is spending 50$ for a new trigger.

·
Registered
51 Posts
One thing that the P11 is really good for, once you learn that one and are able to consistently hit the bullseye or the vicinity thereof, every other modern pistol will be a breeze to pick up and shoot great with it ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aligning the barrel to reinsert the take down pin.

Hello,

I have just purchased a new P11, and I did the fluff and buff. I had a hrad time getting the barrel back in to get the pin back place, eventually with some play I got it back in place. I never fired the P11 so afterwards I disassembled again to be sure I didnt damage anything. I noticed these notches, will this effect opperations ?
The first several times I reassembled the slide i worked for some time to align the hole for the tasker down pin. I found that by holding three p11 by the grips and snap it like you are cracking a bull whip it puts the barrel in alignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.