Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25406CB4-8A1F-444F-8CC7-3DEB3D2D27F0.jpeg
Hello keltec p-11 lovers. I’ve have had mine for about 5 years and have just recently updated a couple of parts on it since I recently got a BRAND NEW out of a collection P-40 that a daily carry now cause P-40 !! Lol. But the recent updates to the P-11 include
M*carbo trigger spring kit
M*carbo flat trigger
M*carbo 20lb recoil spring with metal guide rod.
And a S&W 5900 mag with 10% extra power Wolff mag springs. And I gotta say it’s performance has changed for the better. It dumps mags with ease and the trigger pull is much lighter with a much better trigger feel. Anyone here done anything similar to their P-11/P-40?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I run a 15 round Mecgar mag as a backup but I don't like the grip extension. It pinches my finger on each shot. I like the Mcarbo spring kit but I use the stock trigger return spring. Pull is still plenty light but the reset is much better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have 2 P11's. The oldest one I bought back in 2000, and I recently made similar updates. Several years ago I bought two Northwood trigger replacements (1 black and 1 silver to match my 2 pistols) and only recently installed the black one on the black gun. Since I was finally tackling this, I went ahead and purchased the MCarbo spring kit and then I installed a black aluminum Twisted Industries mag release button. The trigger pull all seems to perform better but I haven't been able to live fire it and the mag release is very stiff and doesn't spring into place as it should. Once I get a chance to deal with the mag release I'll see about taking it for live fire testing. After that I'll try doing the silver trigger pack on the chromed P11 (I have a stainless steel mag release for that one).

·
Registered
108 Posts
My P-11 is fairly old but lightly used. It was a backup gun when I was issued a 5906. I qualed with it once a year and didn't shoot it much beyond that as the trigger was so awful (to me). I do ....like the gun but it (the trigger) needs work.

I have added a Northwood trigger and have a MecGar 12 round magazine to go with the two stock mags. I have my issued 5906 and several mags that do work with my P-11 as well, I have also put the clip draw on it.

Currently I am waiting on M*Carbo to re-stock their trigger kits, which I will add. I would like to eventually upgrade the sights and find a way to mount a light on on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts