Kel-tec in self-defence...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Dydla, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Dydla

Dydla New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    I have a question : have you ever used Kel-Tec in self-defence ? Or have you used another weapon ?

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Re:  Kel-tec in self-defence...

Never had to use anything.

Hope it stays that way.

3. Re:  Kel-tec in self-defence...

+1 and AMEN to that!

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

Use either a P3AT or P40 everyday in Self Defense. It is with me and it is a part of my entire plan as it is a part of my mental state and affects my actions, which may very well have kept me out of the situation of ever having to draw or fire it.

-Scott

5. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

I've never been a situation that went beyond "Condition Orange".

6. Re:  Kel-tec in self-defence...

Good point Scott.

When I started carrying concealed, it brought a whole new meaning to the term "muzzle awareness."
    I aggressively avoid aggressive behavior!

To mangle a quote, " An armed redneck is a polite redneck!"

7. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005

Well said Scott! As you say the very act of carrying a concealed weapon is a constant reminder to maintain a defensive mind set and avoid trouble. Those who have a defensive mind set don't look like victims and are a lot less likely to have serious confrontations.

One should always remember that the gun is the last line of defense when all other (and better) solutions have failed.

To answer the original question, No and yes. Believe me, you really don't want to go there.

8. Southernshooter

Southernshooter New Member

May 31, 2007

The time I had to use a gun for self defense the gun I had that come out of the holster was my G-30. But my Kel-Tec was in my pocket and it was great to know that if my Glock wouldn't have fired my Kel-Tec was a good back-up to have

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

i plead the 5th.

:-X

10. cclem700

cclem700 New Member

Oct 31, 2006

I have used my P3AT at least a half dozen times in self defense! I can almost kill a rattler with 3 shots now ;) As for two legged critters, I kinda doubt you will find anyone that will go into much detail on an internet board :cool:

11. jocko

jocko Guest

u can't count that high ;D ;D

12. Re:  Kel-tec in self-defence...

u can't count that high ;D ;D
    [/quote]

[​IMG]

BTW... good to see you back & active on the board jocko!

13. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007

I have never come to the point of pulling the trigger, but have been to the point of pulling it out of my pocket holster and was ready to fire if the dirt bag showed a weapon. The P3AT is a great choice for carry while working pizza delivery where they make you tuck in your shirt. I was scared, but was sure that if I truly had to shoot, it would have done its job.

14. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007

I have only drawn twice, gentlemen, both over twenty-five years ago -- with a heavy 4" S&W model 10. One of those times I think I saved myself a beating. I inhabit better neighborhoods now than I did then ... cross fewer parking lots ... don't watch as much rain coming down through mercury-vapor lamplight as formerly ... it's all good. The chickens, ducks, and geese depend on me to keep handy a .22 with birdshot. For all other predator alerts, the P3AT makes a more than decent backup, so to speak.

15. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
  16. Re:  Kel-tec in self-defence...

It is so nice to have the softer side of the human experience share so eloquently with us rough as cobb men folk!

But then again, I bet risabee could show a tougher side:

[​IMG]

17. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005

+1 to that!

18. Powerkicker

Powerkicker New Member

May 31, 2007

I have fought against a man with a steel pipe but I was unarmed. I have fought at gunpoint, but was allowed to leave by the inbred hillbilly's after I won the fight. If I had a gun, I may have just shot the guy with the pipe and saved myself a broken hand from parrying it.

19. aghost34953

aghost34953 New Member

Oct 15, 2007

Carried for the last 20 years and had my weapon drawn 3 times and never fired. Last time cost me my Kimber Ultra CDPII. Which I must say was better than the manditoy 3 years prison sentance for just having my gun at the ready. That's one of the reasons why I'll be purchasing the P3AT at the next gun show.