Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over a week ago I bought two P3ATs.
I cleaned them and my wife and I took them out to break them in. I had many extraction problems with both pistols with two brands and two types of ammo.
I wrote and email (I could not call at the time as my long distance lines were out) about a week ago. I still have not heard from Kel-Tec on that email.
I took the pistols out again the second day after advice here and a little inspection adjustment by the dealer. Again different types of ammo. The first pistol is now OK. The second is failing to extract about 15% of the time. It just will not pull the round more than about 1/4 the way out of the barrel. This was the same problem I had originally with the first gun too. The problem is that the gunsmith thing the spring on the extractor is the problem but he nor I can remove it as the screw that holds it was damaged from he factory.
So that same day I shipped the handgun to Kel-Tec for work.
It's there now and I am sure they will fix the problem.
My issue here is that they still have not addressed the email I wrote detailing the problems after the first firings over a week ago.
I must assume that I am just unlucky as many have said they respond quickly to your emails. All I did was ask them for further advice on how to handle the problems with the two pistols.
It's almost liked whoever got my email deleted it by accident or something.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
keninaz said:
My issue here is that they still have not addressed the email I wrote detailing the problems after the first firings over a week ago.
I must assume that I am just unlucky as many have said they respond quickly to your emails. All I did was ask them for further advice on how to handle the problems with the two pistols.
It's almost liked whoever got my email deleted it by accident or something.
Tel: 321-631-0068
M-F 8am-4pm EST
Toll free 1-800-515-9983

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
I've NEVER got a response to an email to KT. I've ALWAYS got help when I called.

KT don't do email so good.

G

·
No email response here either .. Phone call .. 3 experiences .. 2 with a person that was near clueless, 1 with a knowlegable staff member who responded well. Called the same number as on their website all three times .. luck of the draw I guess.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
KS.G36 said:
No email response here either .. Phone call .. 3 experiences .. 2 with a person that was near clueless, 1 with a knowlegable staff member who responded well. Called the same number as on their website all three times .. luck of the draw I guess.
Ask for Service Department.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the number, but could not call in the beginning as our long distance lines were out as stated.
It does little good to call when you have shipped the pistol for repair and it had not arrived yet.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Email support is not so good at KT, though I've never had a problem with an online order. They have, however, always been very helpful on the phone. Give'em a call. They would love to hear from you and will do their best to make you a happy lifelong customer.

G

·
forestranger said:
Requested mag springs and followers several times by email. Never got a response but I got the parts within few days.
Based on that report, the next few weeks will be interesting.

Due to their lack of response to my email, I shipped most of my gun to KT 4 days later.

This might then conclude in me getting a new slide and spring set by mail, and then getting my shipped barrel, slide, springs and guide rod back.

Or getting a new slide & springs again from them along with the barrel and guide rod returned.

Or, if Murphy's Law is in effect in Cocoa Beach, the warantee, repair, and shipping departments wind up tied in a huge knot that causes the company to take a time out like Starbucks, only measured in months. The employees go on strike and foment revolution amongst all the disgruntled masses in Florida, they overthrow Disneyworld and raise an army of cartoon characters to march on Washington.

And all I wanted was a working P3AT.   :'(

(Some people say I worry too much .. I prefer to think of myself as a creative realist with a twisted sense of humor.)

G

·
A written record is better than "Mr. Smith said to soak the gun in salt water then let it air dry, every day for a month". If he writes it in an email, you have a solid point of reference from the staff member. And all know who's to blame for your rust encrusted gun.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
KS.G36 said:
A written record is better than "Mr. Smith said to soak the gun in salt water then let it air dry, every day for a month". If he writes it in an email, you have a solid point of reference from the staff member. And all know who's to blame for your rust encrusted gun.
I believe the main point here is that right wrong or indifferent, KelTec has a poor track record of responding to emails and a great record of responding to phone calls.  A paper trail is not an issue with a KelTec (Lifetime Warranty).  The rust example is not a good one.

The bottom line is this,  If you want a quick response from KelTec CALL, on the phone, the Service Department.  That is the reality of this situation.

To repeat in other words.  KelTec Service Department works real well with phone calls and NOT well with emails.

BTW, you worry too much. ;)

G

·
Respectfully, I would submit that a paper trail, electronic or not, is always adviseable. I will always send an email when the company offers the opportunity, even if they do not respond.

Who say I worry too much??  ..  What ME? Worry?   ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.